Sign in to follow this  
BEARlyThereCDN

Fleet Screenshots?

Every once in a while over the years I get the idea that I'd like to take some screenshots off my personal "fleet" parked at my home airport. So, I search the various FSX forums and Google for a while, find nothing to help me, so I give up and forget about it and just go fly and not think about it again for a while.

Well, today, I thought I'd finally ask the community this question:

Is there a simple (I can't stress the word simple enough...:laugh:) way to put my personal aircraft on the ground in adjacent parking spots at my home airport, go into the sim with say ORBX's Bob, see my planes lined up all nice and take some screenshots?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Looks like FS Recorder might be what I'm looking for. Thank you charliearon. I'll play around with it when I have some time. If anyone else has any suggestions I'll take a look at those as well.

Yup, you can get hold of the FS utility, WAMA (Where are my Aircraft). It does exactly what you want...

PLANES%201_zps8gza7g4b.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You can use a make to model tool, was it MK2MDL or something ? to convert your planes to a static.

Then use a placement tool, whisplacer, or something else to place the static models made with the tool.

Then you have a "virtual" hangar with your planes. A lot of work for just a screenshot.

Perhaps just make a shot of your 'select a plane' window in the sim will do ? LOL!!

You can use my free SimLauncherX application to assign any installed aircraft variation to your "fleet", position each of them wherever you like using the interactive map and show them within the simulator. Just as with WAMA, you can "leave" your current aircraft, "walk" over to another fleet aircraft and enter that one using the in-sim menu.  Excuse the blatant plug.

Maarten

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Sounds great mawibo! Downloading it right now. Hoping to have some time this afternoon or tomorrow to play around with SimLauncherX and FS Recorder. I'll let you all know how I make out.

Hi,

If hou have any questions about SimLauncherX, please let me know (my e-mail address is on the front page of the user guide). SimLauncherX also has its own forum here on Avsim.

Maarten

P.S. SimLauncherX also includes a flight recorder

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

Will do mawibo. I've just installed it and I'm creating the database (which will take forever on my craptop...LoL). I'll have a chance to fire it up and play with it after the hockey game.