Sign in to follow this  
N1G

aerobask eclipse 550 requires navdata?

Hi all,

I need some help. I do not have xp10 but could download the the xp10 demo to get the navdata I was told, but could not find the demo.  The instructions they provided for the data was above me so I am not sure what to do . Someone pointed to an existing folder in an xp11 that could be copied and used, but the post was vague to say the least.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

Bob

You may want to refer to this pinned topic, over at the Org, that details how to implement the AIRAC cycle, as well as how to get the navdata where it belongs.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/119209-navigraph-fms-manager-setup/

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

35 minutes ago, Jimm said:

You may want to refer to this pinned topic, over at the Org, that details how to implement the AIRAC cycle, as well as how to get the navdata where it belongs.

http://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/119209-navigraph-fms-manager-setup/

Hi Jimm, this cost money does it not? If so, is there another option?

Thanks

Bob

Just now, N1G said:

Hi Jimm, this cost money does it not? If so, is there another option?

Thanks

Bob

For the Navigraph package, yes, but I know I read somewhere that you can use a pre-packaged AIRAC dataset, presumably from XP itself, to work with the 550NG.  I think you touched on it with the earlier reference to XP10.  You could also go here:

https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

2 minutes ago, Jimm said:

For the Navigraph package, yes, but I know I read somewhere that you can use a pre-packaged AIRAC dataset, presumably from XP itself, to work with the 550NG.  I think you touched on it with the earlier reference to XP10.  You could also go here:

https://www.navigraph.com/FmsDataManualInstall.aspx

Yep I tried the manual download but it still points me to a subscription.

Bob

2 minutes ago, N1G said:

Ooof, sorry about that.  I went there, not noticing that I was logged in.

Are you only using the demo?  If so, the navigraph data won't be of much use since you won't be able to fly very far.

Just now, Jimm said:

Ooof, sorry about that.  I went there, not noticing that I was logged in.

Are you only using the demo?  If so, the navigraph data won't be of much use since you won't be able to fly very far.

I own xp11. It stated you could use the xp11 data from another folder but I could not get it to work. Sure glad they give you that info before you buy the plane, unless I missed the statement. Frustrating.

Ok, so LR is not shipping navdata with their sim, and it requires you to get it yourself (makes no sense since they have working FMCs in their aircraft), but with regards to Navigraph, you can choose from a decent selection of plans, and they are affordable (6.50 - 60 euros)

With that said though, there is talk that someone on the LR team is working on the FMS and supposedly will have a working dataset built-in, but please don't quote me on this.  There is still a lot being worked on at LR, so there is more speculation than fact right now.

1 minute ago, Jimm said:

Ok, so LR is not shipping navdata with their sim, and it requires you to get it yourself (makes no sense since they have working FMCs in their aircraft), but with regards to Navigraph, you can choose from a decent selection of plans, and they are affordable (6.50 - 60 euros)

With that said though, there is talk that someone on the LR team is working on the FMS and supposedly will have a working dataset built-in, but please don't quote me on this.  There is still a lot being worked on at LR, so there is more speculation than fact right now.

Yep, well the only other option they stated is that the data used in xp10 will work. So I guess I will install xp10 (geez) and try and find the data. Do you have xp10 installed? If so, can you located the data and if so what folder is it in? I am wondering if you have to have the their eclipse installed in 10 in order to find it. 

Frustrating to say the least

Bob

Sorry it's such a pain, I feel for ya.  If this helps, the following is from a tutorial someone at the Org put out to help migrate from 10 to 11 for FMS data:

[X-Plane 10 Directory Path] \ Custom Data (The common folder for custom data)
[X-Plane 10 Directory Path] \ Custom Data \ GNS430 (Required for the airplane)
[X-Plane 10 Directory Path] \ Custom Data \ CIFP (The update for XP11)

I've never gone this route so apologies if this still seems sketchy, but the paths should take you where you need to go to find the folders that need to go into 11.

Basically, you will move the GNS430 folder (from the Xp10 directory shown above) over to XP11's Custom data folder (it will not have the GNS430 folder in it, so it's a simple copy over and paste without any overwrite).

Just now, Jimm said:

Sorry it's such a pain, I feel for ya.  If this helps, the following is from a tutorial someone at the Org put out to help migrate from 10 to 11 for FMS data:

[X-Plane 10 Directory Path] \ Custom Data (The common folder for custom data)
[X-Plane 10 Directory Path] \ Custom Data \ GNS430 (Required for the airplane)
[X-Plane 10 Directory Path] \ Custom Data \ CIFP (The update for XP11)

I've never gone this route so apologies if this still seems sketchy, but the paths should take you where you need to go to find the folders that need to go into 11.

No apologies necessary!!

Yes, those are the folders. xp11 already has a CIFP folder in the "Resources\Default Data" folder, but not the GNS430 folder. So I copied the CIFP folder (with data) over to the Custom Data folder and that did not work, so I manually created the GNS430 folder and  then copied the same data there but no luck. They mention you can use the xp11 data so go figure.  Anyway I am installing xp10 demo. We will see LOL

OK, working. 

XP10 has a standalone folder "GNS430" you have to copy that to the "Custom Data" folder.

Then locate the "CIFP" and the "Airspaces" folder and move those to the Custom Data folder also.

I wish I was a developer (-: 

Anyway, I would be lucky if the data is correct.

OK, have to go take a nap now as that wore me out

Bob

23 hours ago, Jimm said:

LR is shipping navdata, but the format has changed. In XP 10, the GNS430 folder was used, in XP 11 the CIFP folder (with a different format) is used. Read this: http://developer.x-plane.com/?article=navdata-in-x-plane-11

Now all aircraft that come from XP10 or use the same code for both XP10 and XP11 (except the .acf file) would need to have a new navdata parser for the new format. This would be the proper way: Maintaining two different versions for XP10 and XP11, where each one uses a proper parser for the format used in each of the sims.

But it's much easier and faster to simply get the XP 10 demo and take the GNS430 folder from there or update via Navigraph or NavDataPro.

Mario Donick .:. vFlyteAir