DC6 P3D features and cockpit tour

A brief feature review and cockpit tour of the upcoming PMDG DC6 in P3D

• Upvote 4

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Nice:ampun:

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Nice aircraft from PMDG. Wallet ready!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Just amazing .......Thank you :)

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

13 hours ago, Olympic260 said:

Yessssssss.  This is what I have been waiting for.  :biggrin:

I have the DC-6 in X-Plane, and still get excited about these videos and photos of the upcoming aircraft in FSX and P3D.

Very instructional video, Chris. Learned a thing or two!

Thank you

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

3 hours ago, r_stopnicki said:

I have the DC-6 in X-Plane, and still get excited about these videos and photos of the upcoming aircraft in FSX and P3D.

You are going to fall in love with her in FSX/P3D for many reasons but the most surprising is how well she flies. The developers have somehow come up with flight characteristics that I find very realistic and pleasant to fly, in fact I love hand flying her VMC or IMC.  My last session was a trip from Cold Bay PACD to Dutch Harbor PADU and I ran the scud at 800 ft following the coasts of the islands.  Awesome!

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

My last session was a trip from Cold Bay PACD to Dutch Harbor PADU and I ran the scud at 800 ft following the coasts of the islands.  Awesome!

Aw, c'mon Dan, stop it!

How much teasing can a guy take??

Looking forward to her arrival in P3D.

Roberto

Roberto Stopnicki

Toronto, Canada

Love everything I'm seeing, but especially love the VC.  The level of detail is beyond anything I've seen in a vintage aircraft, and I've seen a lot of them.  The swapped-in instruments and mismatched gauges are a wonderful touch - makes it clear this is a working aircraft, not an airshow queen.

12 hours ago, downscc said:

You are going to fall in love with her in FSX/P3D for many reasons but the most surprising is how well she flies. The developers have somehow come up with flight characteristics that I find very realistic and pleasant to fly, in fact I love hand flying her VMC or IMC.  My last session was a trip from Cold Bay PACD to Dutch Harbor PADU and I ran the scud at 800 ft following the coasts of the islands.  Awesome!

Do I remember correctly that Alexander Metzger had a hand in the flight dynamics?  If so, that's a clincher by itself.  I'd buy any aircraft with FDE by Alexander or by Rob Young sight unseen.

Really looking forward to this one.

Alan-

Alex indeed is the FDE author- and his work is superlative as ever.  

She's a smile inducing, sweat producing, forearm exercising, yet totally predictable handful on short final in the Aleutian spring. I broke out at Homer the other day, at minimums, and did my final letdown with cross controls constantly moving but the piano keys relatively motionless.  Only when I was done with the 25" MAP of reverse did I remember the trolly dolly had a honeydew list waiting.  For those several minutes preceding- I WAS AT HOMER putting down 67,000lbs of Long Beach metal.  Alex has another An-2 quality FDE here- and I think most already know of my love affair with his other piece de resistance.  

You will ascribe one more meaning to "California Dreaming." ;)

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

On 20/04/2017 at 10:34 PM, Olympic260 said:

Thank you very much Chris ! I guess these features apply to Fsx also ?

Regards,

Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|