Sign in to follow this  
997R8V10

[SDK] Handling CDU/FMS Button Clicks

Hey guys!

I was playing around with the PMDG 777X SDK today, and wanted to see if it was possible to handle CDU/FMS button clicks to see if it was possible to sync up two cdus on two different computers. However, I quickly realized that there was no way to get button clicks from the CDU. I could only press the buttons from the program. Is there any intention in the future to add the ability to handle events and not just call them? This would be useful, not only for the CDU, but also for other buttons, to avoid having to poll.

Hi Prithvi,

There are indeed no events fired for button clicks on the CDU. The 777 does however report the actual CDU screen data. The information is missing in the SDK, but it works exactly the same as with the 737 NGX: the screen data is reported in SimConnect client data areas with the IDs PMDG_777X_CDU_0, PMDG_777X_CDU_1 and PMDG_777X_CDU_2.

An explanation of how the screen data is structured and how to request the NGX screen data can be found here. Just replace the NGX client data area ID (PMDG_NGX_CDU_0 or PMDG_NGX_CDU_1) with one of the above IDs for the 777.

Hope this helps,

Maarten.

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg