Sign in to follow this  
onduty

No Acceleration above 200 KIAS

Hi Guys,

After installing the latest update through the PMDG Ops Center (with all the required and usual precautions - AV OFF, running it as admin, etc.) I have found, that my

747F (PW) does not accelerate above 200 KIAS. Engine start, ground handling, taxi and takeoff seem to be normal, but the acceleration is very slow during the

initial climb phase and after selecting gear up I am unable to reach F0 speed. Climb rate becomes zero and the aircraft is fying with a pronounced nose down attitude with long. trim almost

at the forward limit and with engine power (EPR) at the FMC computed max climb rating.

I just suspect that it is a corrupted install or something similar but after a new update, the situation is the same. Up to now, I have not tried with another engine variant but I think it is not engine related.

Any ideas, experience, tips?

Appreciate your help,

Tamas

(Old PMDG fan with considerable time in RW and SIM aviation )

On the CDU takeoff page, do you see Flaps 5 CLB2?  Try to leave Flaps 5 until above 10k.  You are probably very heavy and require additional lift at low altitudes.  Purely empirical solution.

Dave

Dave Wadsworth
i9 13900K 5.5Ghz 64G DDR6000 nVidia 4090 
Win 11 22H2 Pro P3DV5.4 ASP/ASCA Pilot2ATC FS2Crew/TIR5/CP

Do  you have your flaps assigned through FSUIPC? I remember something about FSUIPC causing issues with flaps settings. Basically, even though you've retracted your flaps mostly, the sim thinks they are still out causing a bunch of drag.

EDIT: Here's a link to a post that explains how to fix it: 

The FSUIPC flap issue is the most common one I've seen here; there are a few other things to check for such as gear still down, TAT or SAT unrealistically high.  Your pitch attitude favors the FSUIPC problem.  Try not to assign any controls through FSUIPC, it's good for translating buttons into key commands and monitoring VAS but not much else is required.

Dan Downs KCRP

Many thanks guys for your help.

I'm sure it is not an operational problem, I mean the aircraft was light, FMC/Flaps settings were correct, gear was up, OAT was normal (ASN W/X), etc.

Most probably it is a FSUIPC problem (I know, I know PMDG warned us no to use it...)

The aircraft behaved as if it had some considerable drag added, like flaps or speedbrakes.

I try to get rid of FSUIPC and report back.

Cheers,

Tamas

You don't have to "get rid" of FSUIPC. I use it extensively for key mapping and such. You just want to do as that other thread advises...move the FSUIPC.ini to a different folder and let the module re-write a new .ini. Deleting FSUIPC altogether might have some poor outcomes.

OK guys, just back from a test flight: it was my FSUIPC. I have rebuild the ini file and able to fly again!

Many thanks for your help, great communinity!

Tamas