Sign in to follow this  
Steve Dra

How about some Italian freight hauling?

Alitalia Cargo has always had a special place in my heart as my Late Aunt worked for them out of KJFK for 35 years before losing her battle with cancer.

I used to visit her there and got some memorable views of their fleet from her office window.  (I was too young to own a camera back then, hehe).

Anyway, Atlas leased this beauty to them and I just had to paint it. (She registered N409MC) :smile:  I may also do a fictional green stripe with the "Cargo System" red insert too as I remember them being all over the ramp (mostly 747s and DC-10s, some DC-8s).

Here are a few preview pics....

4E6sCJ.jpg

Yj8vHD.jpg

eDbDJW.jpg

I've added wear and tear on the usual places

BvhT8f.jpg

Hope to be done with her soon

• Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,

Congrats, this italian jumbo looks stunning!! Definitely looking for it when it will be released!

Cheers,

Alex

Another wonderful piece of work. Strange why Alitalia didn't have the writing in green, or was it because the 744 was leased from Atlas I wonder?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

13 minutes ago, alex98 said:

Hi Steve,

Congrats, this italian jumbo looks stunning!! Definitely looking for it when it will be released!

Cheers,

Alex

Thanks Alex...check your IM inbox please. :wink:

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Thanks Alex...check your IM inbox please. :wink:

Just did :wink:

As soon as I saw your thread title, I was already thinking Alitalia! Great idea, can't wait to add it to my retro collection. Go for it, Steve!

Thank you.  What routes did the airplane fly?

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Beautiful!!! When are you releasing this marvel, Steve? looking forward to it. Great job!

cheers

-E

Enrique Vaamonde

Thanks guys.

I'm away from my painting PC this weekend.  I hope to have it done by this week.

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hey Guys,

Everyone who's replied to this post just got an PM with a preview of what I hope is the final version of this deceptively difficult paint (difficult because there are few pics of her and I tried hard to get the small things accurate like "Alitalia" on both sides of the engine...which I only found one pic that confirmed that, along with if she had the AZA logo on both sides of the winglets.)  I found through experience that a lot of times, especially when its a leased bird from another company (in this case Atlas), they don't always paint all those things...especially on a freighter.  I mean, who's going to be looking out a window to see that on the engines and winglets on a freighter? Hehe.

If anyone can find me a pic confirming she had registrations on the wings I'd be grateful.  I know Alitalia typically puts both a reg and Alitalia text on the upper wings.  Not sure about a leased bird though.

Anyway...If I don't get any reports back of issues I'll release her for weekend cargo hauling. :smile:

Here is a shot of her showing those details mentioned above.  Getting ready for a flight from Rome to KJFK.

OxDycx.jpg

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

Hi Steve,

No reg. under the starboard wing, still trying to find a view of the upper surface and port wing:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/aero_icarus/29511127361

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Nowadays EASA law requires the reg to be under the left side of the wing. No idea if it did back then already, but today they must have it.

I have no pics of this plane though, sorry.

Greetings from the 737 flightdeck!