Sign in to follow this  
EWayne

PMDG 777 -200 Duct Pressure on engine start

At engine start of the PMDG 777-200 the duct pressure on the left drops and recovers first no matter which engine is being started. 

I start the right engine first and the duct pressure on the left drops then recovers. 

In the pursuit of reality the duct pressure should drop on the side concurrent with the engine being started. This indicates that the start valve for that engine has indeed opened. Also that same side duct pressure should recover at close of the start valve(when the start switch deselects). So when I start the RH engine first I should see the RH duct pressure drop then recover at start valve close and then with the left engine start I should see left duct pressure drop then recover on the left.

I worked nearly my whole career as an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer on Boeing and Airbus airliners. Although I'm not a pilot I have run up and taxiied many airliners as part of my job.

Hi new member.  Please note that the forum rules ask for full names on every post.

The only way to post a bug is at PMDG Product Support on a support ticket, this is a user forum and we are not much good at fixing the product.  If you are basing your assertion on documentation such as Boeing manuals then be sure to provide a reference, if you are claiming to be an expert then you'll have to provide credentials to establish yourself.  The team includes several pilots and engineers so they will appreciate any bonafide input no matter how technical.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thx Ewayne, I had noticed this too and was wondering if it's normal in the T7. 

I'm experienced with most of the other boeings just not the tripler.

Hopefully a T7 driver/engineer can set us straight.

Ice Man

• Upvote 1