Sign in to follow this  
onebob

Version 1.3

1 hour ago, C525B said:

1.I can attain more stopping power by adjusting min_throttle_limit, fuel_flow_gain, minimum_reverse_beta, and prop_tc but I've found the by-product to be a loss of fine control and high RPMs + 

2. At one point I was turning up fuel_flow_gain on my Carenado turboprops, but I stopped because I thought the overshooting effect was more annoying than than slow power response.

1. It's way easier than that. You can leave all these values alone.  Just increase the prop_reverse_available  number. E.g. the C441 uses 3.

2. I thought you were decreasing the fuel_flow_gain to make the start up more realistic. Tried this one but the already too slow throttle response gets even slower.

Haven't found a solution.Razbam did a very nice job with their Metro concerning controlling fuel flow start up but they use custom programming.

1 minute ago, J35OE said:

1. It's way easier than that. You can leave all these values alone.  Just increase the prop_reverse_available  number. E.g. the C441 uses 3.

2. I thought you were decreasing the fuel_flow_gain to make the start up more realistic. Tried this one but the already too slow throttle response gets even slower.

Haven't found a solution.Razbam did a very nice job with their Metro concerning controlling fuel flow start up but they use custom programming.

1.  Cool!  Wow...until now, I had been real sure that prop_reverse_available was just a 0/1 switch, and the fact that there were >1 values was just the usual CareAbeo accidental goofiness.  I will play with that.

2.  I'm not a technical writer, so this will be a clumsy explanation... The method I used to adjust the spool time on the 441 was via the .air file.  Edit table 509 (shaft friction).  In AirEd, this will be presented as a graph...the X-axis is Ng% and the Y-axis is some scalar.  The general idea is to increase the friction for the sub-idle range.  Try increasing Y-output @ X=50 first, perhaps y=0.88 or 0.9.  On mine, the output at X=50 ended up being higher than the one at X=66.  Of course, it lets you mess with the X-values also, but that didn't do much for me in this case.  You also have table 1508 (torque vs. Ng%) as a tool.

Critically, I didn't get really good results from the friction table until I added my XML code (mentioned previously) that sets the FSX condition levers behind-the-scenes.  I saw that Alabeo had some code in GAUGE_C441II!Gauge_UPDATE_DIG that affected the condition levers...I modified and expanded it.  I coded it to wait until 10% NG before introducing fuel, at which point it increases the FSX condition lever to the lowest possible setting that will register above cutoff.  This somewhat reduces the huge power surge that always occurs at lightoff in FSX...otherwise we're basically blowing through the adjustments we made at the low end of table 509 and we would have to start messing around with power settings above idle...collateral damage.  Anyway, after I figured that out, I refined table 509 further.

TL;DR: I stayed up way too late one night working on an innocuous part of the 441 FDE.

Don't have the Metro, but you make me want to check it out now...

1. That's what makes FDE design for FSX/P3D even more interesting....original MS SDK descriptions are sometimes wrong and even explanations in AAM etc are somerimes wrong.

2. Interesting idea to work with table 509. Have to look at this solution. The problem is that whatever you do, there's simply a too high fuel flow during start up.

That's what the Razbam guys were able to do...decrease the actual fuel flow, but without a few user updates there's a lot wrong with this plane as well.

You guys are doing a hard well work with "making the Garrett close to the real thing"  hope all this mods on the Garrett of the Conquest, can fit on the Garrett of the future 690B of Carenado, all we know that this plane will come with the same FDE of the Garrett that the donier and the Conquest. 

Redgars 

RB