Sign in to follow this  
wipeout01

How may I install Navigraph AIRAC Cycle 1704 for P3D v3.4?

Hello, I have a question about how may I update the VOR, NDB, Waypoints, etc. for my simulator, P3D v3.4

I have the AIRAC Cycle 1704 and inside I have a lot of files and folders, and I really don't know how to install this.

I saw a videotutorial explaining the process for X-Plane 10 and 11, and for those simulators is very easy. You have a RAR file which says xplane10_native_1704.zip and xplane11_native_1704.zip

For X-Plane is so easy as uncompress those files in certain folder of the simulator (Xplane 11 or Xplane 10), you use Xplane10_native for X-Plane 10 and xplane11_native for X-Plane 11, and that is all, very easy.

However, for Prepar3D I have no idea about how to do this.

I see there are a lot of folders inside, and I suspect those folders are for certain aircraft you can purchase... for example I see the zip file jardesign_a320neo_native_1704.zip, and it is clear that file is to provide the AIRAC data cycle 1704 to that particular plane.

However, what I want right now is to update the simualtor, that is, the VOR, NDB, waypoints, etc. get updated.

I want the default aircrafts be updated, and the default database for all aircrafts, inside P3D v3.4 be updated.

How may I do this?

I really don't know what file should I run to update the simulator.

Your help would be much appreciated!

hello, that is not Navigraph AIRAC is a different website. Do you think it is better?

What package should I download from there?

Does it correct the magnetic declination, and the runways numbers?

Does it correct the VOR, NDB and waypoints?

I don't understand well what is

FSX/P3D Navs (AIRAC 1704)

Regional ILS updates (1704)

AIRAC 1704 I know what it is, but the ILS regional updates, should I apply that also? or just downloading and installing the AIRAC is enough?

I have downloaded FSX/P3D Navs (AIRAC 1704), and run as administrator... FSXP3DNavaids_Installer.exe

Then I selected P3D v3

I saw a Window and selected all regions, and then install... and told me the updated was successful.

Is that all?

Do I have to apply the Regional ILS updates (1704)?

Cheers

Easiest way to install navigraph AIRAC cycles is to use the navigraph installer program.  Once launched it will download and install the updates for any addons you have (once you tell it which addons you have installed).  I haven't messed around with individual install files in ages

• Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

The Navigraph AIRAC is to be used with P3D add ons, not with the simulator itself.

You can update the navdata of for instance the PMDG airplanes, the FSLABS A320 and PFPX.

Navigraph does not update the AIRAC information in P3D itself. For that you can use the Navaid update that @twincessna340a mentioned.

Hello, okay understood: Navigraph to update the AIRAC information of certain planes... AERO SORS to update the Navaid update of the simulator itself.

I have two questions:

1) About Navigraph: Which is the Navigraph installer program (the name of the file I mean, to find it)?. I have 90 files and folders, and I don't know what file I should launch? I would need to know the name of the file XXXXXX.exe

2) About the Navaid update via AERO SORS: What are the Regional ILS updates (1704)? Should I install this or not? I have installed only FSX/P3D Navs (AIRAC 1704).

I don't know if I should install Regional ILS updates (1704) or just installing the FSX/P3D Navs (AIRAC 1704) is enough?

Cheers

That freeware will update the navaids but what you really want is fsAerodata which updates all the P3d airports using the latest Navigraph AIRAC:

https://www.fsaerodata.com/

This addon updates the entire database giving you the correct navaids, waypoints, approaches, arrivals  and departures.

Hi jabloomf1230

Is it free?

I would like to install it... but... I already installed the aerosors FSX/P3D Navs (AIRAC 1704).

If now I use the fsaerodata... would I make any conflict? or just may I install it?

9 hours ago, wipeout01 said:

Hi jabloomf1230

Is it free?

I would like to install it... but... I already installed the aerosors FSX/P3D Navs (AIRAC 1704).

If now I use the fsaerodata... would I make any conflict? or just may I install it?

Yo may want to stick with the free updated navaids. fsAerodata is subscription based and it costs roughly 20 € per year.