Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Worth to donate?

Project X-Tune

Has somebody without xEnviro tried this and is impressed? Is it worth to donate?

I'm throwing up caution flags on this one.  First off, the preview shots are thumbnails, second, the instructions are not clear, third, you see how the author is requiring payment beforehand (which I have never seen before in the Org Download Section).  I would be very cautious here.  There are only two people who have commented,, with one of them mentioning issues.

Not to sound pessimistic, but my first thought was that someone may have stolen the code from XE and made their own program.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

The screenshots on his Facebook page are bigger. I hope that someone of the 350 downloaders can comment on it. To me it looks strange too... hughe donation banner and only very few screenshots. But maybe he has achieved something, so please comment on it...

EDIT: From the readme: he uses other addons... XP10 Clouds HD V2.0 and Realistic Skycolors For X-Plane 10++ 2.0. Using other addons is not very impressive...

2 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

EDIT: From the readme: he uses other addons... XP10 Clouds HD V2.0 and Realistic Skycolors For X-Plane 10++ 2.0. Using other addons is not very impressive...

Right, not much development from the creator, just an aggregate of other add-ons, which was another point to make me weary of checking it out.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit