Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

CoPilot 3.0 from Abacus

Hi,Abacus announces CoPilot ver 3.0 for FS2004. Does anybody have some experience with CoPilot (not necesarily ver 3.0) as a Flightplan program in relation to other common FP-programs like FSNav, FSCommander etc? I would be glad to hear about your experience with CoPilot. Is it worth trying?Best Regerds-Lars

I wouldn't even dare to compare any Abacus product to the competition, because they're really that bad. Abacus covers a variety of add-ons - unfortunately none of them come even close to reality, but might serve someone well, who is less interested in real-life airliner systems.For example, I couldn't resist to let Abacus know about my impressions of their abysmal "Fly The Airbus" add-on and received a response for them like this: "We have never flown an Airbus and we don't really know a whole lot about aviation, but we feel it is an accurate representation of an Airbus". This says a lot, seeing that everything is just at the wrong place and that they don't even *try* to simulate the appearance of an Airbus.Bottom line: If you're more or less serious about aviation and flight simming, stay away. If you don't mind and are the type of pilot who flies an airliner with the default GPS and AP starting on the runway, you might enjoy it.Pat

I guess you never downloaded freeware and payware add-ons that where made with FSDS.

simcheck_sig_banner_retro.jpg

"I guess you never downloaded freeware and payware add-ons that where made with FSDS."I dont quite understand this? Can you explain please..

HelloFor an example of a good abacus product how about FSDS there would be a lot of good aircraft missing from the Avsim file library without this design program.Agree with you about their aircraft though.

Guest anthonye

Also the Excellent program EZScenery by them is another they have done, don't know about the rest.AnthonyUK

HelloI also have EZ Landmark and EZ VFR which are by the same author as Copilot both are very good.

But no one here on this Forum uses CoPilot?I guess that FSNav, FS Commander and FSBuild are the ones most popular.-Lars

Guest IanP

Possibly not quite on direct topic but good grief!!!! I had Abacus Copilot for FS5 many, many, years ago and it still looks almost identical!!! :-hahBack then it was the equivalent of what FSNav does now. It could also, shock, horror, be run on a networked computer!Slightly more on topic, Abacus have a habit of releasing aircraft and scenery packages at cheap prices, that are usually slightly upgraded versions of old freeware offerings that are no longer close to state of the art. That isn't to say that all their products are bad, so I would never issue a blanket "don't buy from them" statement - I'll always say to be very careful what you are buying.If this works the same as it did back when I had it in the mid 90s, it was actually quite usable.Probably not that good as reviews go, though.Cheers,Ian P.

I used copilot and private pilot and at their release times they were a lot of fun.I liked both of them.. Nowadays they are a little outdated, but if theyupgrade copilot significantly I may buy it.I like the super real stuff, but there are times when I just want to hop in and fly a while without all the complex stuff to bother me. I don't have time to always do it right... sometimes I just want to fly to a local airport just 40 or so miles away with out any muss or fuss.