Sign in to follow this  
Kyprianos Biris

Pan views problems

@Keven Menard I am on v0.1.710

Hat switch panning of views has some awkward changes.

I have assigned the 4 joystick (Warthog) hat switch keys for panning-up-down-left-right in CP.

There is no axis or keys for it assigned in P3D Controls settings.

When I move in default P3D external (Outside - Spot) view when I pan UP or DOWN the view RESETS to rear (6 o'clock position) and then moves up or down.

Any left or right movement moves it left or right BUT with the slightest click of UP or DOWN it goes back to 6 o' clock lateral position.

In VC cockpit view when I make any view move with the hat switch there is a stutter / jitter (whatever its called) the first millisecond with a flash like view of the main front view and THEN it pans.

Any move of pan with hat switch produces this flash.

I have tried transitions etc. but it does not change.

When I make changes between preset cameras with the assigned joystick keys this flash view does does not take place.

It only happens when I pan around with the

Any clues ?

If the above descriptions don't help I can produce short video's of it.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

Make sure your HAT controls aren't assigned in the P3D controls, FSUIPC or anything else that controls the view by any other means. It's the only thing that can produce that effect. 

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Ahhh found it!

There was no P3D or FSUIPC axis assignment BUT in CHASEPLANE's Tilt and Pan Control Assignments I had both the 4 POV BUTTONS of the HAT switch assigned as they should be but also the 2 Tilt and Pan axis assigned.

I deleted the 2 Chaseplane Tilt and Pan axis assignments and this cured the problem.

Thanks.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

On 22.4.2017 at 11:26 AM, Kyprianos Biris said:

@Keven Menard I am on v0.1.710

In VC cockpit view when I make any view move with the hat switch there is a stutter / jitter (whatever its called) the first millisecond with a flash like view of the main front view and THEN it pans.

Any move of pan with hat switch produces this flash.

I have the same "stutter flash" the first millisecond in zooming!

(Win10-64, P3D v4.1, ChasePlane last Beta 0.4)

ChasePlane1.JPG

Win 10 Pro | P3Dv4.5 | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | I5-9600K @ 4.8GHz | RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB RAM | SSD | T.16000M

Check that you don't have anything assigned to those buttons in the P3D controls.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 11/18/2017 at 1:00 PM, Raller said:

I have the same "stutter flash" the first millisecond in zooming!

(Win10-64, P3D v4.1, ChasePlane last Beta 0.4)

ChasePlane1.JPG

This is exactly my case. I have the controls as same as the image. However, the stutters flash are always there and I don't know how to solve it. I haven't got any extra controls assigned neither in P3D V4 neither FSUIPC control assignments. It's really weird and irritates me.

Any possible help?

2uqdd80.jpg

In addition, this window appears everytime I close CP. Is it normal? Does it happen to other users? Thanks for everything.

3 hours ago, samgamyi24 said:

This is exactly my case. I have the controls as same as the image. However, the stutters flash are always there and I don't know how to solve it. I haven't got any extra controls assigned neither in P3D V4 neither FSUIPC control assignments. It's really weird and irritates me.

Any possible help?

Both or you with this issue, can you provide a video of the issue?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

There you have the issue in a little video Keven 😉 https://youtu.be/xMZCzQZHQpY

PS: I have deactivated all the stuff you mentioned before (the hat switch key and revised the key mappings in FSUIPC and P3D V4 itself). In addition, I have enabled the advance mode as it is the unique mode who provokes this issue.

PS 2: Before this problem, I used to leave Chase Plane default (with advanced features ON)

Edited by samgamyi24

Do you have Game Mode enabled for P3D? If so, does disabling it fix the issue?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I confirm that game mode is deactivated on my PC. It could be the graphics card? I have the GTX 1050 TI 

Hi,

Does disabling the "Inject movements direct to memory" in Preferences > Camera and let me know if it fixes the stutters

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42