Sign in to follow this  
jimimac

Orbx Innsbruck for aerofly2

I purchased AFS2 based on those shots.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Biggest problema for me with this sim is that it still doesn't have a perpetual daylight and Moon ephemeris model, a mandatory requirement for me in any civil flight simulator.

I dumped X-Plane and even Aerowinx for the same reasons...

Also don't like the representation of night scenery in AEFS2. 

Will only revisit it if / when they update this... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Biggest problema for me with this sim is that it still doesn't have a perpetual daylight and Moon ephemeris model, a mandatory requirement for me in any civil flight simulator.

Hve you tried Orbiter? http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/ That should make you happy... :smile:

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Yeah!  I tried that one, but even Flight Gear does it :-)  as well as DCS and IL.2 BoX .... And of course ELITE IFR, FSX and P3D do it too...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I noticed this from the website:

- Full animation support: Moving PeopleFlow, vehicles and trains

So we'll see cars running on roads? That's probably the single most thing I want to see in FS2 to make its world not only picture perfect but live. Will definitely buy this addon if this is true!

Also it'll be interesting to see what kind of performance FS2 will be able sustain with traffic enabled.

==================================================

FTX INNSBRUCK for AEROFLY FS2 FEATURES:

- Innsbruck Airport recreated in full HD detail

- Full 2500 square km coverage area

- Sloped runway! A key feature of AF FS2

- Ultra-crisp terrain textures. Defined mountains, roads and rivers all the way to the horizon, no more blurries.  

- Incredible performance on even mid-range systems - far superior to FSX/P3D

- Amazing Virtual Reality integration: optimised for performance and smoothness, best-in-class.

- Full animation support: Moving PeopleFlow, vehicles and trains

- Complete autogen system - a major new feature previously unseen in AeroFly FS, expertly designed by the team at IPACS. 

- Volumetric grass 

- Crisp and accurate shadow engine

- Dozens of landmarks, POI and features, including two heliports. 

- Stunning atmospheric engine perfectly suited to VFR flying.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

I've seen these, too. Obviously, these features like moving cars and autogen require quite some work by IPACS (supposedly in conjunction with ORBX) to be completed before June. Thus we (hopefully) can expect not only ORBX LOWI for AF2 but also a major feature upgrade for the core sim until mid-June. This might perhaps even be a good time to push AF2 out of EA.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

1 hour ago, pmb said:

This might perhaps even be a good time to push AF2 out of EA.

Nah....

There's a bunch of other stuff to do. Getting ATC out the door, for one.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

10 hours ago, pmb said:

I've seen these, too. Obviously, these features like moving cars and autogen require quite some work by IPACS (supposedly in conjunction with ORBX) to be completed before June. Thus we (hopefully) can expect not only ORBX LOWI for AF2 but also a major feature upgrade for the core sim until mid-June. This might perhaps even be a good time to push AF2 out of EA.

Kind regards, Michael

Hm, I doubt if a major update will come before mid-June. On the Orbx forum once of the dev of LOWI said that iPacs did create an autogen system already, so that's done, but he used it to add autogen to LOWI and he said the iPacs won't fill the entire world with autogen but that the system is there for addon developers to use. The moving cars etc. are part of the Orbx addon and not of the sim itself, just like in FSX and P3D.

Concerning pushing AF2 out of EA...

8 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Nah....

There's a bunch of other stuff to do. Getting ATC out the door, for one.

...if you wait for the sim to be 'complete' before pushing it out of EA it will NEVER ever get out of EA. Most flightsims will always be in development, things will change constantly, options will be added, updated, etc. Imho 'EA' is often a misused term. P3D is constantly being worked on but it has never been called EA. Name me a game or sim that is not 'EA' at the first official release...? Obviously there sometimes are projects on Steam that clearly are truly EA but AFS2 in its current state is working perfectly well and 'complete' enough to be pushed out of EA. In fact, I often think the EA sticker prevent people from buying it.

2 hours ago, J van E said:

Hm, I doubt if a major update will come before mid-June. On the Orbx forum once of the dev of LOWI said that iPacs did create an autogen system already, so that's done, but he used it to add autogen to LOWI and he said the iPacs won't fill the entire world with autogen but that the system is there for addon developers to use. The moving cars etc. are part of the Orbx addon and not of the sim itself, just like in FSX and P3D.

Concerning pushing AF2 out of EA...

...if you wait for the sim to be 'complete' before pushing it out of EA it will NEVER ever get out of EA. Most flightsims will always be in development, things will change constantly, options will be added, updated, etc. Imho 'EA' is often a misused term. P3D is constantly being worked on but it has never been called EA. Name me a game or sim that is not 'EA' at the first official release...? Obviously there sometimes are projects on Steam that clearly are truly EA but AFS2 in its current state is working perfectly well and 'complete' enough to be pushed out of EA. In fact, I often think the EA sticker prevent people from buying it.

In their roadmap and statements since, Ipacs have designated a few things they want available for early access.

On Steam they've mentioned an upcoming update to the SDK to make it even easier for people to add their own scenery. They also want to get at least a preliminary version of ATC out the door, and there are Jans updates to the autopilot and other systems coming as well.

On the aircraft front, the Dash 8 Q400 is still in the pipeline as well as the A380.

And other stuff..........

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5