Sign in to follow this  
Heronjr

Transition Altitude CTD

Hi,

This is just to describe an issue (a CTD) which occurred twice just after using the second button for TRANS ALT when climbing. I recently upgraded the Q400 from Pilot to Pro. I am using it with Spad Next and LINDA=YES in CFG. Without Spad Next things go on smoothly.

My rig is W7-Pro FSX

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Hi,

Now I'm a bit confused. Sometime ago we discussed here about issues as the annoying "a thousand to go... alt sel" every 1000 feet when using Spad Next, and I was told to use Linda=Yes, which actually cured the problem. 

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr

Intel Core I7 10700KF, 3.80GHz (5.10GHz Turbo), Gigabyte B460, RAM 32GB, Corsair 750W, GPU Palit RTX 3060, Windows 10 Pro 64., P3Dv5.4.

5 hours ago, Heronjr said:

Hi,

Now I'm a bit confused. Sometime ago we discussed here about issues as the annoying "a thousand to go... alt sel" every 1000 feet when using Spad Next, and I was told to use Linda=Yes, which actually cured the problem. 

Best,

Pardon, my my mistake.  Linda should be set to 'Yes' if using Spad Next.

Confirm your issue happens everytime on every flight.  Did it ever not happen?

No, this started to happen with the Q400 Pro Edition + Spad Next. I will try to reproduce the issue on my next flights and return to you. But this is something that really does not affect the flight, and I just added here to communicate a possible error source. 

Some issues were fixed by the Pro Edition upgrade, as the recognition by the FO that the APU was turned off after starting engines .

Other issues not resolved by Linda = Yes, since the Pilot Edition, are the spoken altimeter setting and fuel quantity, in values from 0000 to random numbers. 

Best,

Heron Domingues, Jr

The Linda to Yes option is just a work around to prevent numbers from looping (like fuel quantity and anything else that may cause issues).

We can't really control what Spad Next does to the Dash 8.  The Linda Yes option is like a band aid just so you can get through the flight if using Spad Next.