Sign in to follow this  
OldFlyboy

Must Activate 737NGX every time it is loaded (STEAM)

I know there were some issues with P3D but this is FSX:SE. Even if I choose a different version of the 737 an activation box pops up.

Activation always accepted but it is a real nag. I checked SERVICES to see that "net-logon" is not disabled and it is okay. Dunno  what else to try.

Help appreciated

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

47 minutes ago, OldFlyboy said:

Activation always accepted but it is a real nag. I checked SERVICES to see that "net-logon" is not disabled and it is okay. Dunno  what else to try.

Not sure where you were told "net-logon" needs to be checked, but they should've directed you to FlexNet not being disabled.

Additionally, ensure that you've followed the directions in the README file (filename: "FSXSE Users Read This," immediately next to the installer). They're also here:
http://support.precisionmanuals.com/kb/a110/aircraft-loads-up-dead-no-activation-window-no-landing-gear-simconnect-issue.aspx

Kyle Rodgers

Thanks for your reply. I checked Flexnet and it was stopped so I started it, reran the four simconnect miss. After loading FSX:SE with default plane I switched to the 737-800... Activation still required and was successful. Loaded a Cessna and then went back to the 737 and had to activate again.

Things got worse after that: Turned on battery and appropriate switches but no panels lit up. Checked dimmers but they were okay. I activated the APU start switch. It clicked into start position  but nothing happened...... Checked everything I could think of but no go. 

Every button and switch (that I tried) moved normally but never did get any life from the panels. Odd thing though:  NOW the APU switch was inop and did not move (no animated hand)

Time to reinstall??

Neal Howard

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Did you set the FlexNet to manual start as required?

Did you follow the recommendation to install simconnect modules in the readme file as Kyle suggested?

Dan Downs KCRP

It may not be clear in y post because I misspelled .msi.   "I checked.............., reran the four simconnect  msis but they were okay"

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

2 hours ago, OldFlyboy said:

It may not be clear in y post because I misspelled .msi.   "I checked.............., reran the four simconnect  msis but they were okay"

Don't get too caught up here. If you didn't run the msis, the usual result is that you won't even get an activation window.

Things you need to be sure of:

1. FlexNet is not disabled, and is set to manually start.
  2. Your antivirus program is excluding your entire FSX:SE directory, and better yet, see if you can add FlexNet to the exclusions list (steps for this are dependent on your AV program, so you will need to look it up online for your specific software)
  3. You're running FSX:SE as an administrator.

Basically, something is getting in the way of FlexNet and not allowing it to register the fact that you've successfully activated, so it thinks you haven't and continues to ask. This is caused by FlexNet being disabled, AV programs getting in the way of FlexNet working with your system, or Windows getting in the way in a similar manner.

Kyle Rodgers

Obviously something is very wrong. I have done everything suggested and still must activate. However: even after the activation is "successful" nothing works. Switches click, dials move but nothing else happens. Too busy at the moment to check further but I plan to reinstall the plane as soon as I have a bit of time.

Thanks for your efforts.

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

23 minutes ago, OldFlyboy said:

Obviously something is very wrong. I have done everything suggested and still must activate. However: even after the activation is "successful" nothing works. Switches click, dials move but nothing else happens. Too busy at the moment to check further but I plan to reinstall the plane as soon as I have a bit of time.

If nothing is working in the sim (in addition to the recurring activation issue), then it's definitely something like AV damaging/preventing things from running properly. What kind of AV are you using?

Kyle Rodgers