Sign in to follow this  
mihalich

No Tower Takeoff Clearance in 2.2.1.2

Hi,

With this new 2.2.1.2 version i can't get any takeoff clearance from the tower.  I get IFR clearance, taxi instructions to the runway, and when i get to the runway it tells me to contact the tower on the freq, which the co pilot does.  I then call the tower and say ready for takeoff, and it no longer responds.  Links of pictures, and the complete atc communication text below.  This is with X-Plane 11 RC1.

I have reproduced this 3 times in a row.

Joe

Me sitting at the runway: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxrKpkuec_u0aVViT0VBbWtPTjg/view?usp=sharing

p2atc full screen: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxrKpkuec_u0elgteTBvZW1hTDQ/view?usp=sharing

p2atc atc comm text:https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxrKpkuec_u0Z2pmV0c0X3NDZGc

Hey Dave,

No go.  Something is definitely wrong.  The Request Departure or Takeoff say it option, is not even anywhere in the say it menu for me to select, while i'm tuned to the tower.  So i can't even request it manually via the buttons.

Not sure if this matters or not, but under the tower frequency in the p2atc window on the bottom left for KROC (you can see this in the pictures above), it's labeled KROC ClrDel - KROC Tower.  It's always said that when i've taken off from this airport (i've done this same route like 10 times now), but i wonder if the code is somehow confused thinking it's only the clrdel freq and not offering the tower options.  Just throwing that out there, as maybe something changed in that area for this release, or the last one.  I didn't try flying this route with 2.2.1.1, so i don't know if something changed in this build specifically.

Anyway, let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks,

Joe

I had the exact same problem at KROC today with 2.2.1.2. I ended up going back to 2.2.1.0 to do my flight from KROC-KLGA on FS Economy. I also had issues with 2.2.1.1 freezing when requesting takeoff. I had previously (before 2.2.0.8) modified the controller frequencies for KROC so there are just one of each. I am now in the process of reinstalling Windows 7, going to test 2.2.1.2 with a squeaky clean install. I have verified that my hard drive, ram, and cpu/mb are good. I have been getting various unhanded exceptions and CTDs about 1 out of every 4 flights, I really like P2ATC and want to get to the bottom of this. 

Bruce

The fact that the "Ready for Departure" phrases are not showing in SayIt leads me to believe that P2A thinks you are on the Clearance Delivery Frequency.

I'll look into this, but I suspect that's what it is.

Thanks,

Dave

Strange that this worked before.  I did find a bug and fixed it....just don't know how it ever worked.  It was related to Clearance Delivery and Tower being on the same frequency.

Fix will be in the next update.

Thanks,

Dave

Haha, I love the "not sure how it ever worked" bugs.  Cool though, thanks for tracking it down.

Joe