Sign in to follow this  
trevg

Chatter

I don't seem to be able to get this to work, one thing I am doing wrong or missing a step?

Have read every chatter topic in the last 12 pages of forum and read the manual over and over.

I have set up as in page 94, with 20 wav files in each folder, numbered 1.wav to 20.wav.  Should they start from 0.wav ? Page 95, have made as shown, have tried as in top line Sound Source bare, single files and controller folders. The root folder I have tried both empty and supplied the actual directory of where I have put the sound directory's. D:\Pilot2ATC_200\Sounds\ATC_Chatter\Controllers\    Did try at one point as in page 96.

Using win7 and x-plane 11rc1

Help would be appreciated.

Trevor Golding

Sounds like you set it up correctly.

I would suggest leaving the Root Folder box blank since you are using the default folder.  So go back to setting the config tab up as on page 95.

Your file names don't matter, so as long as they will play, you should be good on those as well.

A few things to check. 

First, make sure the Windows Volume Balancer has the volume turned up for P2A.  You need to be running P2A when you open the balancer and then you will see the blue icon.  Be sure that slider is all the way up.

Second, click on the Com Standby area to open the Radio Panel.  Check that the Volume is not muted and that the Volume is all the way up by pressing on the Vol Up button several times.

Finally, if that doesn't do it, be sure that the folders you created give permission to a user named "Authenticated User" to Read/Write to those folders.

Hopefully one of the above will solve the problem.

Dave

Thanks Dave for your support,

I did all suggestions and they where correct. I'll have another play another day there must be one simple step I am missing.

Does the aircraft you are flying have any bearing on it's own 2nd radio set ?  ie have to have a 2nd radio - be turned on - on the correct frequency etc ?

Trevor Golding

Every thing works via the Com radio you are interacting with ATC on, so if you are able to get a response from ATC, then you should hear the chatter when not talking to ATC.

As an experiment, you might want to try using the "1st" radio to see if it works.  Com 1 is the best bet to avoid other side issues.

Also, triple check the folder names you are using.  A common mistake is to use a folder named Approach instead of App.

Dave

Thanks Dave I'll leave for it for awhile and come back to it later.

Comms 1 or 2 work perfect as the main VHF channel. I did a search in the computer with the path name and it found the wav file quickly so can't figure out what is blocking them.

Cheers

Trevor Golding

On a similar subject, I'm using the country folders for chatter and have it working nicely in Europe but as I fly back into Canada I'm not hearing anything. On the Wiki link the ICAO "label" for Canada is just a "C" so that is what I labelled my folder but I haven't heard anything since I got here. Does anyone know what the proper folder name for Canada should be?

p

C is the right country name for the folder.  The next update will fix the bug that kept that from working.

Thanks,

Dave