Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo05

Installing P3D V3.4 on a External SSD

Hi everyone,

As my tittle says it all, can i install P3D on a external disk as i do not have any more space for an internal SSD on my MOBO. Any ideas or feedback is welcome.

Thank you

Regards

You can install P3D on any hard drive you wish - the only caveat is that in most cases, external (USB) drives are usually a bit slower than internally connected drives due to their connectivity (*regardless of being SSD or traditional), so you may experience some longer loading times for the sim. 

If you have a higher speed USB3 connection available, you will fare better... even better still would be using an eSATA port (external SATA) to get full speed.

Good luck!

Hi Sir,

Thank you for your reply. Noted on it.

Regards

You can, but I would not recommend it ... it would slow down initial loading considerably and terrain loading would be much slower resulting in "blurries".  But if that is your ONLY option then make sure it's USB 3.0 connection (both ends and drive support).

Cheers, Rob.