Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Help with skidmarks ?

Hi Folks,

No - not that kind...

:biggrin:

So - is there a way using button controls - to stop the brakes from locking up every time they are used ?

I have the left and right brakes mapped to buttons and the repeat rate set to the middle - as I've had from the earliest days of MSFS - and they skid on every application exacerbated by the jumbo jet ENVTEX skid textures on my GA planes...

Would FSUIPC help me with this ?

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I use rudder pedals and toe brakes and never had that problem, but then I never used a button to apply brakes. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Change your skivvies!  :biggrin:

Sorry, could not resist. 

Back to the question at hand.  I do not have a lock up issue, and use a joystick with the trigger (button 1) programmed to the brakes in FSUIPC, also did so previously directly into P3D.  However, I have the button set to "brakes" and not buttons to left and right brakes.  If you are not using the brakes separately for differential braking, you could resolve this by using 1 button set to "brakes".  This would resolve the issue.

FSUIPC helps with a lot of settings.  I know it is useful for differential braking but the assignments are for axis instead of buttons, as far as I can recall.  You could try and see, based on your set up and needs.  Worth a shot.

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

In P3D options / controls, set a button on your throttle or stick to.... Brakes Antiskid (on/off)  That works whether you apply your brakes with a button or  pedal brakes.

/Russell.

Today I setup the individual toe brakes on the MGF Crosswinds (was kind of painful as I didn't see any immediate tutorials or forum threads to lay it all out for me) but I did get them working.  I also had joystick button #1 programed for "brakes", but I've noticed the stopping power when pushing on both brake pedals now greatly exceeds the holding down of the button #1 on the joystick.

It's nice when landing and one needs a gentle pull from one side or the other, to simply apply a little  more pressure to the one brake.  The Crosswinds have 4096 positions for each brake allowing for a fine degree of fidelity.

It there a feature out there that I'm not aware of that one can leave fresh skidmarks on the runway?  Persistent skidmarks on landing would be a neat feature - start with a pristine runway and after multiple uses see all the touchdown points over time.

Mark

Hi Folks,

LOL - thanks for the comments...

I have pedals - never use them because I can't sit comfortably at my desk with them - hence my rudder is a micro thumb joystick on my CH Pro Throttle...

Hmm - anti-skid - yeah - know that works as my Lear 35 has them modeled with a switch - off I skid down the runway - on the wheels don't lock up... Good idea - I may try that...

Yeah - I don't think the skid marks are cumulative - I'm not sure how long they last but I think they're gone by the next trip down the runway ???

I had a single spare slider on my joystick - so I just mapped both the left and right brakes to the single axis in FSUIPC - seems to be better - I still have my left and right mapped to button for differential braking...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

19 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

No - not that kind...

:biggrin:

I was just about to say, wipe better :P

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi Scott,

Turn them inside out day2, day3 back to front, day4 inside out and back to front. There's 4 days right there. burn on day5.:ohmy: :biggrin: couldn't resist.

Now to your brakes. This suggestion might not be exactly what you're looking for but I found a thread either on PeteDowsons forum or here on Avsim or even the A2A forum about FSUIPC "LUA frictions", it seems to help a lot with brake lockup and skiding problems. 

Have you tried the LUA frictions plugin in FSUIPC.