Sign in to follow this  
jasper2000

Completely black screen in VC

Hello.

I started a flight from the most southern airport in Argentina (I don't remember the name or icao) to Base Marimbio (SAWB) with the A2A comanche. at the time I reached my cruising altitude the view started zooming randomly in the VC. Over a minute or two this got worse until the screen became completely black. The outside and the tower views worked fine, but when I swithed back to the VC the screen became black again and I couldn't see anything. I've tried this with other aircraft and everytime when I let it cruise for a while without doing anything the same happens. This makes me feel frustrated because I can't do long(ish) flights. Does anyone else have this problem or does anyone know a solution? 

Thanks a lot.

Does this happen with any other aircraft and does it happen only on longer flights?  Possible graphics

card heating up do to dirty fans.  Virtual Cockpits will demand more from the CPU and Graphics than

an outside view.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

22 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Does this happen with any other aircraft and does it happen only on longer flights?  Possible graphics

card heating up do to dirty fans.  Virtual Cockpits will demand more from the CPU and Graphics than

an outside view.

It does happen with other aircraft. I don't think the problem is with my grapghics card, I can run FSX at a decent fps with my current settings. 

the strange thing is that it always starts zooming randomly and after a minute the screen blacks out, and when I swith to the outside view or other views they work perfectly well.

thanks for the reply though

Are you in full-screen mode when the cockpit starts zooming and goes black?  If so, have you tried

going to windowed mode to see if it corrects itself?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

15 hours ago, charliearon said:

Are you in full-screen mode when the cockpit starts zooming and goes black?  If so, have you tried

going to windowed mode to see if it corrects itself?

When I'm in windowed mode it doesn't change anything and the same still happens.

One last thing to check on...... any external FSX related programs running, EZDOK, Payware weather, etc?

Charlie Aron

27 minutes ago, Oracle427 said:

What altitude were you cruising at? This sounds like the A2A hypoxia feature.

Wow, who'd a thunk it??  I have had this happen in a few freeware fighter jets!  That

was the G-force effect.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=115&t=41007

Charlie Aron

Certainly sounds like you are blacking out due to lack of oxygen.  Happens when you get to high altitude in an unpressurised plane without an oxygen supply.

A2A have this built into their models.

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

2 hours ago, Oracle427 said:

What altitude were you cruising at? This sounds like the A2A hypoxia feature.

1 hour ago, Bozdog said:

Certainly sounds like you are blacking out due to lack of oxygen.  Happens when you get to high altitude in an unpressurised plane without an oxygen supply.

A2A have this built into their models.

I didn't think about this yet. My cruising altitude was around FL150. I didn't know it was simulated like this, with the zooming and stuff... 

Thank you very much for the answers!!