Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Started poking around with the majestic dash 8

Hello,
I recently started poking around with the Majestic dash 8..That thing will kick your ego to the can faster than you can say it, but sure is immersive and fun!!
Just wondering if anyone's noticed the huge effect wind and turbulence has on the dash 8, Is this normal? I mean it seems over the top to be honest.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

i think part of what people think of this is that, it's custom flight model reacts more realistically to these things. but people are used to the lack of effects from the sim on other aircraft, so it seems over the top.. 

however, majestic also is one of those companies that responds to users concerns so you can adjust it yourself!

go into \FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\ini

there is a file called mjc84.ini

look for the entry TURBULENCE_FACTOR

and you can adjust that number to your liking. i think the range of values is from 0-1.

mine is set at 0.75 although i can't remember if i changed it from the default or not. if you use weather addon, you might also want to consider adjusting the turbulence settings in that as well. i use as2016 with turb set to about 35.

also consider that some camera addons will shake the cam around in relation to turbulence also, so that can also make things shake too much, adjusting those effects to an appropriate level may also help. 

cheers,-andy crosby

• Upvote 1

Thank you, I found the file and tweaked it a little.

I appreciate the info, I would have never found that!!

• Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

We worked out that flight model over a very long time... it's highly accurate under almost all conditions that ASN/AS2016 will generate.  So the more you tweak it, the more you'll be getting closer to general flight simulation models in FSX/P3D and further from how a real, smaller aircraft handles.

Best wishes!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

The Data that we have implemented during the alpha development was collaborated alongside several crew members for feedback.  The Boss was able to work the parameters as close as possible to get the flight model to interact as best as possible with weather generators available on the market (the more one being ASN/AS16).

Some users tend to find the TURBULENCE_FACTOR setting of 1.0 a bit extreme, but this can be as a result of rather high settings within the weather generator being set too high, which can cause what some folks call unstable.  We provided the TURBULENCE_FACTOR to allow users to set a level that is comfortable/suitable to their liking.  One should be cautious if using the "wake turbulence" within ASN/AS16 as that can cause some erratic behavior.  

There is still however some room for improvement, and hopefully we can address this in a later build.

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

I currently am only using FSX Steam not P3D. So maybe it is a FSX only problem. I also had this in my old FSX Acceleration installation. When flying with detailed scenery, my sim pauses for 5 seconds when approaching airports, then freezes in flight for 5 more seconds. It makes flying very annoying. I love the aircraft it is well done. But I guess I need to upgrade to P3D for the Q400 to work right.

using  fsx  here  and  havnt  seen  your  issues

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

1 hour ago, 777200lrf said:

Do you fly in Orbx scenery?

yes sure do

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

55 minutes ago, pete_auau said:

yes sure do

The sim pauses every time approaching addon airport scenery when all the scenery loads in. Are you saying yours does not?