Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

FSX freezes

Not being home for few weeks, i turned my computer off. Now back,  my FS  freezes, my throttle quadrant was messed up. (fixed) but FS still freezes. Any idea? Thank you very much.

Real Deraps

17 hours ago, Lmaire said:

Not being home for few weeks, i turned my computer off. Now back,  my FS  freezes, my throttle quadrant was messed up. (fixed) but FS still freezes. Any idea? Thank you very much.

I think some more information is probably needed for someone to provide help. At what stage does FSX freeze? Does it happen when FSX is loading or is it during a flight? Do you get any error notification? Etc, etc.

Bill

It happens during taxing or during flying. No notification. It's like FS was on "Pause" It lasts few seconds and then back to normal.

Real Deraps

Possibility of Microsoft updates that were installed once your computer was turned back on?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

13 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Possibility of Microsoft updates that were installed once your computer was turned back on?

And what can i do then?

Real Deraps

7 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

It's like FS was on "Pause" It lasts few seconds and then back to normal.

I think those are normal if you have add-ons.  I get them all of the time when flying over commercial add-on scenery (never the default).  It feels like the sim is going to crash with an error message but suddenly the flight continues.  If you are flying over commercial add-ons, try the same flight with the commercial add-on scenery disabled.  If the pauses/freezes stop then you will have to live with the issue with the add-on or delete it.  You could try to reduce your fsx.cfg settings to see if that fixes the problem or lock your fps limiter to 30fps or lower.  With my current system (see specs), I had many long pauses over Orbx Southern Calif, mainly around the LAX area, with very conservative settings and had enough.  Scenery uninstalled.  It ruins the enjoyment.  Several times I even had G3D.dll errors thrown at me (in FSX, the fsuipc utility will trap G3D errors but not in P3D and P3D subsequently crashes).  In FSX, it usually feels like a pause in the flight.  I can see where the error was trapped in the fsuipc.log after a flight (I have my fsuipc configured to monitor VAS per the AVSIM CTD Guide and I always look at the log afterwards).  In P3D, the G3D crash stops the logging but both sims show the G3D error occurred at the same location.  What's more, it happens randomly so you feel like climbing into a straight jacket and sitting in the corner of a very dark and padded room when it happens.  So I feel your pain.

This AM I flew from LAX to KSAN (San Diego) after uninstalling Orbx SoCal and KSAN with the PMDG 747 and there was absolutely no stutter or pause whatsoever.  VAS and FPS were much higher too. 

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

23 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

And what can i do then?

Possibly revert back to before the update or uninstall the update.  You may want to set the updates to

wait for your permission before installing.  All of this is on the assumption that everything was find and

dandy before you shut your computer down for a few weeks.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Thanks for you help guys.  Yeah i didn,t have that issued before. I'll try to restart my computer at an earlier date and see what will happen.

Real Deraps

1 hour ago, Lmaire said:

Thanks for you help guys.  Yeah i didn,t have that issued before. I'll try to restart my computer at an earlier date and see what will happen.

For us mere mortals, please report back your findings, too many never reveal their self found solutions. Thanks

6 hours ago, Capt Speirs said:

For us mere mortals, please report back your findings, too many never reveal their self found solutions. Thanks

Sure i,ll do it

Real Deraps