Sign in to follow this  
Gregg_Seipp

What's this about a C337 2.0?

Yes, I always uninstall/reinstall on updates.  Problem spotted only with nav lights on wings and tail, no other on a daylight flight.  Lights are modeled in so its up to Carenado at this point.

--WH

Carenado responded that I need to change my DX settings.  I don't think so.

I'm running DX9 and have no desire to go to DX10.

I responded to them to clarify.  If v2.0 is DX10 compliant only, then I'm going to reinstall v1.0.  Hope not for this update or any other future updates.

--WH 

My v1.0 is from a DVD purchased at Fry's... has anybody upgraded a Carenado product bought via media?  Is it possible to upgrade?

Thanks,

Greg

3 hours ago, WarHorse47 said:

Carenado responded that I need to change my DX settings.  I don't think so.

I'm running DX9 and have no desire to go to DX10.

I responded to them to clarify.  If v2.0 is DX10 compliant only, then I'm going to reinstall v1.0.  Hope not for this update or any other future updates.

--WH 

The external lights are not Dx10 compatible and running the Fixer fx scan doesn't fix the issue. Back to v.1 I think.

Ugh, it's re-releases like this that remind me why I haven't bought anything from fspilotshop in years.  V2 is not in my account (yet) and even if it was, they want a $5 fee to reactivate my download...that's completely unreasonable nowadays, bandwidth just doesn't cost that much and I think they're the only flight sim store that doesn't offer unlimited downloads.  Never again.  (end rant)

Anyway, excited to see this released, I'll get myself into it one way or another, such a cool unique aircraft.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

13 hours ago, regis9 said:

Ugh, it's re-releases like this that remind me why I haven't bought anything from fspilotshop in years.  V2 is not in my account (yet) and even if it was, they want a $5 fee to reactivate my download

I thought the same, but usually they bump the timeout to another year when there is an update.

I bought the Flysimware C402C there in 2014:

File Last Updated: Tuesday, 21st March, 2017 @ 07:10am

Free file backup ends:Wednesday 21 March, 2018

This aircraft was updated by Flysimware on 16th March, so not much of a delay.

• Upvote 1

Installed - no landing lights and taxi light illumination. This makes it a day plane only. I have tried both dx9 and 10 and it is broken. Also the menus they added are a little messed. If you look at it you will see the shift + menus don't match what they say. Every time they touch something they break something:angry:

15 hours ago, alexcolka said:

Installed v2, my switches sounds won't sound as advertised.

Yep bugs abound but the sounds are better and the textures- just fix something break something carenado :(

My latest response from Carenado is to change to DX10.

"Greetings,
This setting should solve the problem with the lights, this work on DirectX10
Regards

Carenado"

They do not want to listen.  The external lights for V.2 in either DX9 or DX10 are trash.  I do not like it when a developer tries to force me to migrate to DX10 because it messes up my scenery and the fix is extensive.  The bigger problem (to me) is that developers like Carenado are changing their coding and not advising end users that their product is meant for DX10 only.

I just uninstalled V.2 and am back to V.1.

--WH

4 hours ago, WarHorse47 said:

My latest response from Carenado is to change to DX10.

"Greetings,
This setting should solve the problem with the lights, this work on DirectX10
Regards

Carenado"

They do not want to listen.  The external lights for V.2 in either DX9 or DX10 are trash.  I do not like it when a developer tries to force me to migrate to DX10 because it messes up my scenery and the fix is extensive.  The bigger problem (to me) is that developers like Carenado are changing their coding and not advising end users that their product is meant for DX10 only.

I just uninstalled V.2 and am back to V.1.

--WH

Hi,

Unfortunately, if you look at the ..\Carenado\C337 Skymaster\Recommended Settings.pdf file on the first page  in the section 'Setting - Display - Graphics' there is a screen print of the 'SETTINGS - DISPLAY' in FSX. The 'Preview DirectX 10 box is ticked. Sneeky or what. As WarHorse47 said they have not advertised the DX10 conversion. and there as I have mentioned is their get out, should have read the documentation first, can't though until the aircraft is installed. This used to be my fav aircraft and I was waiting for the GTN750 upgrade. Oh well I should have known better to trust Carenado, and now I remember why I don't use them any more. Aircraft uninstalled, disappointment again.

NH.

I just checked the Recommended Settings.pdf for v1 dated 4/20/2011, and it shows "Preview DirectX 10" on the FSX "Graphics Page" as being checked (enabled).  Which is curious because that was back in the day when DX10 was considered a failure in the sim and everybody recommended it be ignored.  So again, is Carenado claiming the fix is to use DX10 or is the problem rooted in the model?  I changed over to DX10 in the sim in late 2013 and never had the problem in the v1 of the C337 (using DX9 or DX10). 

I had considered repurchasing the C337 (it's one of my favorites, and the GTN implementation is the icing on the cake) but will hold off at least until this issue is resolved.

Greg

13 hours ago, ThomasAH said:

I thought the same, but usually they bump the timeout to another year when there is an update.

Thanks, I'll keep my eyes open, no update so far.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I got this reply from Carenado to my report of the problem (squares) with the lights:

Carenado Support, Apr 29, 22:26 -03:

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconveniences.
We are going to fix it and include on the next version for this aircraft.

Regards,

Carenado.