Sign in to follow this  
chumley

P3D Installer fails

I have just built an new system and gone about the painstakingly slow process of reinstalling P3D and the multitude of bits and pieces including the NGX and the T7 Base version.

When I tried to install the after a short while the InstallShield Wizard displayed a message "Installation cannot continue. Your registry does not show a valid Prepar3D(tm) installation location". I thought it a bit odd so I tried gain with the same outcome.

I then loaded the T7 Base package and it ripped through the process installing as required. I loaded P3D and activated the T7.

I rebooted the system and had another go with the NGX with the process failing at the same point.

Any suggestions before I lodge a ticket with PMDG?

1 hour ago, chumley said:

Any suggestions before I lodge a ticket with PMDG?

If the 777 ran fine, the NGX should. Are you using any tools like the Estonia Migration Tool, or other registry hacks to get some of your FSX scenery/planes/stuff into P3D?

Kyle Rodgers

Actually I downloaded the NGX file again from PMDG and it worked.

I'm thinking the installation file may have been an older version and possibly predating P3Dv3.

All is well now and no - not using any hacks nor will I be. 

9 minutes ago, chumley said:

Actually I downloaded the NGX file again from PMDG and it worked.

I'm thinking the installation file may have been an older version and possibly predating P3Dv3.

That could be it.

11 minutes ago, chumley said:

All is well now and no - not using any hacks nor will I be. 

Glad to hear it. And for the record, I wasn't accusing you of anything - it's simply a common cause of issues in the community.

Kyle Rodgers