Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Digital Aviation Piper Cheyenne

Scott

I flew the RNAV approach in the Cheyenne II  to 04 at KBHB again last night. I first flew the approach with the GTN 750 as the active GPS. It did capture the localizer and then the glide slope correctly and accurately. 

2017-4-30_18-25-28-943.jpg

I then flew the approach with the GTN 650 as the active GPS. The 650 captured the localizer perfectly. The glide slope was not captured when I thought it should have been. It did go through the slope and indicate slightly high. The first time I flew this I dis engaged the auto pilot, captured the glide slope and re-coupled. This time I waited to see what the aircraft would do. I had about a 1/2 dot deflection when it did couple the glide slope and fly the approach normally. 

2017-4-30_18-48-34-89.jpg

I would suggest you right click on the left frame and insure that the GTN 650 is the active GPS unit. Even with the Trimble removed it could be set do the default GPS.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Hi Greg,

Wow - so it does work ?!?!

Would you send me your (pa31.cfg, panel.cfg, and the two F1 GTN config files - one in the aircrafts root directory and the other in the Panel directory) ? I think they're the only four files related to this... No rush - I won't have a chance to test it until next weekend...

Thanks...

Chase Plane giving me some nice camera angles:

590674700d94d_Prepar3D2017-04-2921-39-18

5906749edca0c_Prepar3D2017-04-2921-27-43

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott,

I will be happy to send you the files. I sent you a PM requesting your e-mail.

Greg

Greg Morin

Commercial ASMEL Instrument CFI

Beta Tester i Blue Yonder, Flightbeam and Milviz

Nice job!!!

This is one of my favorites and I will be following this thread.

thanks for your work.

Bill

Hello everyone,

Could you help me find the problem: I installed the Piper Cheyenne using a FSX dummy and copied every files where they are supposed to be inside P3dV4, but when I load the plane, I have absolutely no gauges working.

Thanks for your help.

Wish you all a good weekend.

Souheil Al-Mallah

That is because it is 32bit, the gauges would have to be recompiled to 64bit to work, plus there would probably be additional problems. It runs fine on my P3D 2.4, 32bit sim. Sorry for the bad news.

Cheers

Martin

2 hours ago, s.mellah said:

Hello everyone,

Could you help me find the problem: I installed the Piper Cheyenne using a FSX dummy and copied every files where they are supposed to be inside P3dV4, but when I load the plane, I have absolutely no gauges working.

Thanks for your help.

Wish you all a good weekend.

Souheil Al-Mallah

Hi...

Yeah - unfortunately - as Martin stated - v4 relegates this fine bird to the virtual bone yard - she’s done... I currently use the Carenado Cheyenne with Bill’s (whamil77) fine mod work - in its place... 

I had chatted with Hans (Digital Aviation) a while back and he did express some interest in updating this bird - but I think the CRJ effort sucked all the enthusiasm out of him - as he later mentioned probably not doing anything further... A shame - as for a time - it was one of the finest aircraft we had in Flight Sim... RIP...

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I see...

Thank you Scott and Martin for your explanations.

Regards,

Souheil

Edited by s.mellah
  • Like 1

I remember this fine plane as I flew it for quite a while.........then I ran into an issue later on and had to stop flying it.

Don't remember what the issue was, but thanks for the effort to revive it.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB