Sometimes after landing, regardless of the aircraft, there is no response to rudder inputs, and the airplane drifts randomly to one side of the runway. I use both the joystick twist and the rudder pedals for nose wheel steering.

I use the joystick as a tiller when taxiing, and the rudder pedals during takeoff and landing rolls. All other functions work well. The only other issue I have is the high sensitivity of the rudder, regardless of the settings I use.

Is anyone else having this problem? (Windows 10 and FSX)

Pete Locascio

Could be caused by having rudder control assigned to 2 different axes. Try unassigning the joystick twist and see if it works with just the pedals assigned.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Which plane(s)?

Your system specs (including type of USB port being used)?

What is the brand of controllers being used, and have you installed the latest drivers?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 minute ago, vortex681 said:

Could be caused by having rudder control assigned to 2 different axes. Try unassigning the joystick twist and see if it works with just the pedals assigned.

Excellent point!

It might also be the USB port going to sleep and not coming back, but we can look at that after you have time to provide the requested information and check to see if you have two different rudder inputs selected in the settings.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yaw damper not shutting off/disengaging? Try pressing CTRL-D during the rollout to see if you regain steering and rudder control. I've noticed this problem on some Carenado aircraft.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe