Sign in to follow this  
Doug Pelton

Cockpit 'view' setting scrolls.

Running FSX:SE. W7

VC view selection causes screen to scroll down automatically. Example, Upper Overhead selection doesn't hold the view, but commences to move downward. Same with other interior view selections. 

Doug

41 minutes ago, Doug Pelton said:

Running FSX:SE. W7

VC view selection causes screen to scroll down automatically. Example, Upper Overhead selection doesn't hold the view, but commences to move downward. Same with other interior view selections. 

This isn't going to be something caused by our code or settings. This will be something related to a camera program that you're using, or hardware with a view assignment that is not calibrated, or sending erroneous commands.

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle, I did dump SimpleCam, but maybe not entirely uninstalled. Thanks for quick reply. 

Doug Pelton

3 minutes ago, Doug Pelton said:

did dump SimpleCam, but maybe not entirely uninstalled. Thanks for quick reply

These camera programs usually modify various files in a way that they need to be reset before the program gets uninstalled (and I don't think they all warn you about that fact). You may want to reinstall it and have a look at the settings to see if it has an option to return your defaults. That, or look in your FSX-SE.cfg location to see if the program left a backup file in there somewhere (I think that's where the cameras.cfg is).

Hopefully someone who's better versed in camera apps will chime in. This definitely isn't us though. Our views, such as the overhead, have specific settings in the config files to limit zooming and panning. If it's panning, that means something is forcing it to do so.

Kyle Rodgers

Perfect. I'll go to the SimpleCam site if needed after I try your suggestions.  Doug Pelton

On 4/24/2017 at 11:21 AM, scandinavian13 said:

These camera programs usually modify various files in a way that they need to be reset before the program gets uninstalled (and I don't think they all warn you about that fact). You may want to reinstall it and have a look at the settings to see if it has an option to return your defaults. That, or look in your FSX-SE.cfg location to see if the program left a backup file in there somewhere (I think that's where the cameras.cfg is).

Hopefully someone who's better versed in camera apps will chime in. This definitely isn't us though. Our views, such as the overhead, have specific settings in the config files to limit zooming and panning. If it's panning, that means something is forcing it to do so.

Kyle, the Hat was 'stuck' on my Joystik in 'down' mode!! Thanks for you input!!  Doug

9 hours ago, Doug Pelton said:

Kyle, the Hat was 'stuck' on my Joystik in 'down' mode!! Thanks for you input!!  Doug

Glad to hear you figured it out.

Kyle Rodgers