Sign in to follow this  
raam123

Repainting the Cheyenne - how to ?

Hi,

I will appreciate assitanse repaiting the Cheyenne II please :huh:

I really dont know how to repaint it using the un-layered blanked texture...

For example repainting the 4X-CIN

1668425_orig.jpg

If like other Carenado planes, there should be a blank texture which is used to paint on top. Use multiply on the new layers with Photoshop.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Hi...

Carenado isn't one you want to tackle unless you have some experience - typically the textures are chopped up quite a bit and aligned haphazardly on the texture - probably to utilize the texture sheet efficiently - which just makes getting a coherent paint job lined up very tedious and an exercise in frustration... It can be done - it's just quite a bit more work than a painter friendly texture... Someone mentioned the Cheyenne texture is bad even by a Carenado standard - just know what you're getting into...

Might as well learn from one of the best - Bill Womack:

Regards,

Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I agree entirely with Scott. I would have to paid a good hourly rate to do another Carenado. Life is just too darned short.

See that nice straight line along the fuselage? I reckon 8 separate chunks on 3 separate textures all of them at different angles. :blink:

Bill Womacks tutorial got me started.

Good luck Raam.

• Upvote 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Hi,

I saw the tutorial but it is not like the blanked textures on the Cheyenne. (or similar dual engine Carenado plane)

There are many curved and shaped lines... 

Unlike the above Cessna plane the textures are not 2D sided.

I wish someone who painted a dual engine Carenado plane will post their tutorial...

Eventually I mean how do you deal with that ? Any idea now :huh:

CAPTUTCD_ext1_zpserqnfj3i.jpg

Hi...

See Ron and my earlier posts - there is no easy way... Root canal is preferable to painting a Carenado plane... If you insist on trying - you need to start throwing down "test lines" - exporting them - and - then see how they appear on the model...

What I would do - is also load up one of the included Carenado paints - that may have similar features to what you're trying to achieve - straight lines where you need them - as another layer for comparison as you go - then you can refer back to them when placing your own...

LOL - that's one ugly texture from the perspective of someone who has more than a decade of painting models in a couple of different sims...

Good luck - this one isn't for the faint of heart...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7