Sign in to follow this  
Guest Milton

Anxiously awaiting Spartan Executive from Milton Shupe

Reading the front page of AVSIM today made my day. The Spartan Executive aircraft coming soon from that aircraft "artist", Milton Shupe and his team, looks like a plane I'll be flying very frequently. If you haven't yet checked the screenshots....you should take a look. That aircraft stirs an adventuresome spirit in anyone who takes her up. All I can say is, "WOW"!

I've been a Spartan fan ever since I saw one at Scottsdale airport in Arizona in the early 80's. Milton's work just keeps getting better all the time. His last Commanders and the Beech 18 have been superb. Would love to see the updated Dash 7 released and for him to revisit the earlier Commanders to bring their VC's up to the later works.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Looks very good. In a related thread about flight dynamics that got off track, I was going to mention that Milton's Aero Commander, for me, is the absolute best in terms of flight dynamics of any plane I have except for the PMDG 737. In that case, the 2 planes are peers. When I get bored with airline flights, I hop in the AC and take a low and slow trip with a plane that handles just like I remember from my real flying days (too many years ago to mention) ;-) Mike

I've had a beta of the Spartan for a week or so now, and it's practically the only thing I'm flying. I can tell you, the wait will be worth it! The flight dynamics are fascinating with this bird, and from the documentation I've seen from real Spartan pilots, it flies very much like the "real" version, oddities and all. You will love it, I predict.

Guest DK8290

I can't wait to download this. Since I saw one in a calendar , I thought it was one of the most beautiful planes ever made.

Well obviously some posters to this thread have been able to connect to Miltons website - however, here in Australia , I haven't been able to connect to his website for some time and I thought that maybe it had been taken down. But now that there is a link to it from the Avsim front page, I realise that this is probably not so.Is anyone else having trouble connecting to Miltons site?Thanks Barry

Guest Milton

Thank you all for your comments, Stan, Zane, Bill et al. :-)The Dash 7 VC upgrade version is in progress, still, and is next up.The Aero Commander series have had some updates, yet unreleased, excepting the AC520 cargo version (no VC update though). If Scott is up for it, I would also love to revisit and update those aircraft.Bill, thank you and I have addressed most of your feedback. I appreciate that. :-)Barry, my apologies. The USA East Coast could not be farther from the good ole "down under". I have been accessing it fine today but maybe there are issue between you and our east coast.The Spartan has been a favorite of Scott's (my friend and our awesome panel works team member from the beginning) and we have put off doing this for a long time (since the original Dash 7 release). Neither Jo

Guest dogknot

Fantastic news!! Thankyou. My wife has finally figured out that the only way to get my attention when I'm behind the controls of a Shupe aircraft, is to show up naked. Now, with the new up-and-coming Spartan and then the revamped Dash7.........well, life just doesn't get any better. ;-)

sorry to hear about the no update for the AC cargo virtual cockpit. Anyway, looking forward to the dash 7.Thanks for your work, but I hope you reconsider! I enjoy the AC cargo and would love an updated VC

Guest Milton

Well Gee Alex, each of those Commanders will require 200-300 hours of rework minimum so don't throw your disappointment around so easily. :-)And it requires the collaboration of team members who may wish to spend time on other things. Tha Dash 7 is next out if any at all, then if FS retirement doesn't set in, I will consider. I can't speak for team members on this one.

wow, I didnt realize it was that much work! Anyway, I would gladly pay for it if you ever decided to do that. But I thank you for your work in the freeware community, you guys have so much dedication, and your projects are oustanding.

Guest Milton

LOL Whoa Brent! I don't believe I'da told that! hehe

Guest dogknot

rotflmao.......it's a win-win situation. Support an old flightsimmer and keep those aircraft coming. :-lol

Guest RiddlePilot

Milton, before you retire, can you take a stab at a Beech Staggerwing. With the 18, the Spartan and the Staggerwing, you will live in the infamy of the FS world forever for designing some of the most amazing aircraft ever produced in the real world.

Guest AAL328

I can't wait for this one because I am currently a flight instructor at Spartan. Yes the same company that made the aircraft back in the 30's is still in business as Spartan School of Aeronautics. Been looking for a nice Exec to fly in FS.