Sign in to follow this  
conradcollinson

P3D On an SSD

Hi all, 

I have just succesfully built my new PC and want to install P3D as i am making the change from FSX to P3D... I was wondering is installing P3D as easy as downloading an exe from the website and when running the exe set the install location to the SSD, or do i have to do any other technical magical stuff to get it to work. 

( Windows Is installed on the SSD ) 

Regards 

Conrad Collinson

Nope, nothing special. Download the full installer for your purchased version and install it to the SSD or any other drive you wish. Many people and developers recommend to NOT install to the default C:\ProgramFiles(x86) folder but install to it's own dedicated folder -like C:\P3D or something similar.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

42 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Nope, nothing special. Download the full installer for your purchased version and install it to the SSD or any other drive you wish. Many people and developers recommend to NOT install to the default C:\ProgramFiles(x86) folder but install to it's own dedicated folder -like C:\P3D or something similar.

Vic

Ah cool! Thanks alot! 

So i can literally make a new folder on the SSD called p3d and chose that as the install location and away we go. Awsome! 

Thanks 

Conrad Collinson

Hi Conrad. First congratulations on your successful PC build. 

You can have TEN SSD's in your PC build and install P3D in the location of your pleasure. You could even name your root folder "ThisismycopyofP3DV3422" and install there. Hopefully you will find P3D loads faster...the rest is up to your CPU/GPU/Mainboard/RAM combonation. A starting point would be the guides available here at AVSIM for performance.

The biggest piece of free advice is...as you are installing addons...run P3D after each NEW install to avoid running down time costly problems...IE why when I start P3D why does it go from splash screen to desktop or crash to desktop...myriads of future problems can be avoided this way!

Happy flying!!!

Greg

It would be a good idea to read Poppet's install tutorials in the sticky's on the P3D forum.

Jeff Callender

Jeff Callender

On 2017-4-24 at 9:34 PM, RockStarofRust said:

Hi Conrad. First congratulations on your successful PC build. 

You can have TEN SSD's in your PC build and install P3D in the location of your pleasure. You could even name your root folder "ThisismycopyofP3DV3422" and install there. Hopefully you will find P3D loads faster...the rest is up to your CPU/GPU/Mainboard/RAM combonation. A starting point would be the guides available here at AVSIM for performance.

The biggest piece of free advice is...as you are installing addons...run P3D after each NEW install to avoid running down time costly problems...IE why when I start P3D why does it go from splash screen to desktop or crash to desktop...myriads of future problems can be avoided this way!

Happy flying!!!

Greg

Thanks Greg! Sounds simple enough! Ill definitely take a look around thanks! 

Conrad

On 2017-4-25 at 4:08 AM, jbcallender said:

It would be a good idea to read Poppet's install tutorials in the sticky's on the P3D forum.

Jeff Callender

Ok thanks Jeff, Ill take a look! 

Conrad