Sign in to follow this  
tjrush

Problem with Arrival and Approach Phase

This is from my last flight but has happened on many previous flights.

Flying from KORF to KLCK. Flight Plan: HCM J24 HVQ V45 HNN
Realair Duke Turbine at FL260

I am expecting the BREMN4 arrival with the HNN transition.  I get this arrival and transition and told to descend accordingly.  However, I'm well past HNN when I get it.  So, I go direct to the next waypoint on the arrival.  P2A seems happy. As I approach the end of the arrival I get cleared for the ILS runway 5R. I'm not given any transition or vectors to the runway, I receive no further descent intructions and I'm never handed off to the tower and once on the ground I'm not handed off to Ground control.

Am I doing something wrong?   

Tom

Tom,

Were you on version 2.2.1.2?  There have been some reported issues in 2.2.1.1 of not getting the Tower and Ground hand-offs.

The rest of what you describe may be normal.  If the arrival lines up well with the ILS final approach, then you might just be given clearance to fly the ILS as you near the end of the arrival.  No vectors required.  As you get near the IF of the ILS, you should have been transferred to Tower.

Dave

Yes, 2.2.1.2

Is it normal not to receive the arrival clearence until well after passing the the transition point?  In my example HNN

Tom

No. That may have been due to the event engine getting behind.  Still working to try and improve this so it will stop happening.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave;

Tokk a flight from KBNA to KFXE.  Flightplan was KBNA RORRY SZW KFXE.

I was expecting the jingl4 arrival with the SZW transition.  P2A did, in fact, give me the expected arrival. However, I didn't get it until I was 200 miles past SZW.  It may be coincidence, but this was at approximately TOD.

Tom

Tom

Hi Tom.

Thanks for the report.  Does sound like something went wrong.

Could you please email me the most recent log file, which should include this flight.  There should be a folder with up to 10 log files in it located at:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

Please email to admin @ pilot2atc.com.

Thanks,

Dave