Sign in to follow this  
realpilotsimpilot

The "New" NGX/Ops Center

Howdy all, 

After a period of limited simming (and largely using the very awesome Coolsky DC-9 when I do), I've started flying the NGX again.   I see that they have discontinued liveries and so on and gone to an operations center (which started with the 777 which I don't have and probably won't buy despite how awesome it apparently is).  After searching the forum, it appears I need to re-download the NGX and run the files to update it.  Apparently that will delete the liveries I have (which aren't very many) and I'll need to reinstall them and add others, etc.  Any other tips or tricks for the unwary anyone can suggest?  I use FS2Crew (non-reboot version), LINDA, and GSX, but I can't imagine other than FS2Crew that these would be affected.   Suggestions on doing this welcome. 

Thanks a bunch.  

It is a pretty straight forward update. Unless you purchased from Aerosoft, just visit your account at PMDG and select purchase history.  The link and your key is available there.  Remove the old version using windows control panel.  You can use the liveries you have if they are in .ptp containers and you can download new liveries via the Operations Center. The OC has it's own manual that you may want to review.  Next time you update, just be sure to run the OC before and then run it after the update and it repairs liveries. No need to install them again.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks, Dan.  Presumably I should uninstall FS2Crew too? And then run the OC and the NGX once to check it before reinstalling FS2Crew?  (I'll post this over there, too, but that seems like the best approach.)

Edit: FYI, the reason for this post was there were a bunch of posts about errors, not working afterwards, etc.