Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

Flightbeam sales?

Want the excellent Flightbeam KSFO but does it ever go on sale?

spacer.png

Yeah that's about the only time I've seen it.  I waited last year until Thanksgiving and bought all of them at 30% off.  I was quite pleased to say the least but my wallet really took a hit this past November and December with all of the sales.  I think there was also one around Fathers day IIRC.  Don't quote me on that though.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

In my opinion, visuals to performance, they are the best developer out there.  SFO is an incredible airport and worth the money. 

Orman

17 minutes ago, okupton said:

In my opinion, visuals to performance, they are the best developer out there.  SFO is an incredible airport and worth the money. 

Hmm, maybe so, brother.

spacer.png

Just now, okupton said:

Do you have other flightbeam airports currently? 

No.

spacer.png

Well, you best get on it.  IAD, DEN, and SFO are all quite good. I hate United but find myself flying PMDG in United colors because I want to visit these airports. I don't have PHX because I don't think I'd fly there enough to justify it, even though I'm sure it's good.  Not saying it's impossible, but I don't think I've ever seen Flightbeam and OOM in the same sentence either.

Orman

10 minutes ago, okupton said:

Well, you best get on it.  IAD, DEN, and SFO are all quite good. I hate United but find myself flying PMDG in United colors because I want to visit these airports. I don't have PHX because I don't think I'd fly there enough to justify it, even though I'm sure it's good.  Not saying it's impossible, but I don't think I've ever seen Flightbeam and OOM in the same sentence either.

SFO I've had the warning bells go off a few times for OOM.  But, I've also had that in other areas that aren't nearly as VAS intensive.  I've managed to free up a bunch by tweaking some settings and clearing my shaders though and haven't had that issue since (SFO or elsewhere).  I think that was more of a result of how VAS intensive the bay area is though and not the airport specifically.  Flightbeam knows it's an issue and has a guide on how to reduce OOM in the SFO area.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram