Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

Intitial Observations - Feedback

Hi Folks,

Brand new to Chase Plane (CP) and I think I have the basics down from a weekend of use...

First off the User Interface is - simply brilliant - aesthetically pleasing - intuitive - easy to use - and extremely well done (25 years as an IT guy)...

I've think I've got my basic "Presets" down and I really like that you can enable/disable TrackIR (TIR) on a per Preset basis... It makes spinning dials and knobs so much easier...

Cinematic Mode (CM) - hopefully a bit of a work in progress - my thoughts:

• Requires some control over the views used in CM perhaps through the use of Presets...
  • Smooth transitions between views - eliminate sound stutter during transition...
  • Longer transition times available than the five seconds with "Outside Views"...
  • More actual panning movements during the view itself - I would think you would want camera motion for the whole view as it's very "Cinematic"...
  • Maybe add more types of views such as a flyby camera - more variety - maybe passenger seat shots as well ?
  • More control over the zoom settings as some are just unpleasant...

Aircraft Presets:

• Is there a reason why winds default to zero ?
  • I need to play more with the head motion settings - I was looking for something like the RealAir Siai-Marchetti head acceleration introduced - couldn't seem to get there - maybe more time is needed...
  • Is it possible to have zoom setting in "Controls" match zoom setting in sim ? For example - I have to use a control setting of .679 to get .50 zoom in the simulator...

Outside View:

• Longer transitions than 5 seconds...
  • If possible - make transitions eliminate clipping...

Static Views just have me a bit confused:

• There is no way to assign a button - therefore I'm obligated to use the UI to select a Static Preset ?
  • Are custom Static Presets saved indefinitely on a per airport basis only ? 

Overall - an excellent product that makes FS much more enjoyable...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi Scott,

Thanks a lot for your detailed feedback! I am really glad that you like the product and I will try to answer your questions as best as I can!

Requires some control over the views used in CM perhaps through the use of Presets... [...]

[...] Maybe add more types of views such as a flyby camera - more variety - maybe passenger seat shots as well ?

The long-term goal of the Cinematic Mode is to have user-recorded motions Outside and On-Board the aircraft where the current form of Cinematics would be used as a default filler if no user-defined motions are present. Right now, you can interact with the motion using the keys, buttons or axis you configured to move the camera around.

Smooth transitions between views - eliminate sound stutter during transition...

We've had a few requests for this and we will definitely look at ways we could implement this feature.

Longer transition times available than the five seconds with "Outside Views"...

You can change the transition times in Preferences > Camera > Cinematic Mode > Change camera angle every x sec. Range is between 10 to 220 sec.

More actual panning movements during the view itself - I would think you would want camera motion for the whole view as it's very "Cinematic"...

You can change the amount of movement in Preferences > Camera > Cinematic Mode > Automatic camera motion xx.

More control over the zoom settings as some are just unpleasant...

I understand what you mean and it's definitely something we want to improve! For now, you have change the global zoom offset in Preferences > Camera > Cinematic Mode > Zoom offset x.

Is there a reason why winds default to zero ?

The wind is defaulted to zero in On-Board cameras because you don't have wind blowing in your face when you're inside the cockpit. We still make the option available for open-canopies.

Is it possible to have zoom setting in "Controls" match zoom setting in sim ? For example - I have to use a control setting of .679 to get .50 zoom in the simulator...

Yes, Enable Wide-view Aspect in P3D Settings > Graphics > View and Panel Settings. If this option is disabled, ChasePlane tries to compensate for the induced offset of the zoom

Longer transitions than 5 seconds...

We have a different plan for longer transitions but it's not ready yet!

If possible - make transitions eliminate clipping...

Are you talking about geometric clipping?

There is no way to assign a button - therefore I'm obligated to use the UI to select a Static Preset ?

It is not possible to assign controls to Static presets right now.

Are custom Static Presets saved indefinitely on a per airport basis only ?

Static presets are accessible in a defined range (click the target icon at the bottom of the column to change it)

I hope this answers your questions! Let me know if you have any more of them!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

5 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

The wind is defaulted to zero in On-Board cameras because you don't have wind blowing in your face when you're inside the cockpit. We still make the option available for open-canopies.

I never understood the limited assignation of this feature to open-canopy aircraft.

I use the wind turbulence on every aircraft and to me it is one of the key features of Chaseplane. It gives a nice subtle movement to any aircraft even in calm air, adding a realistic feeling of "floating" in the air. I wouldn't want to fly without it any more.

Thankfully this feature can be used on every aircraft, not only in open cockpits. Please keep it that way.

23 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I never understood the limited assignation of this feature to open-canopy aircraft.

I use the wind turbulence on every aircraft and to me it is one of the key features of Chaseplane. It gives a nice subtle movement to any aircraft even in calm air, adding a realistic feeling of "floating" in the air. I wouldn't want to fly without it any more.

Thankfully this feature can be used on every aircraft, not only in open cockpits. Please keep it that way.

The Breathing Turbulence type is made for that. If the aircraft does not fly through turbulence, there should be no turbulence.

The choice is yours anyway, we will not remove it!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

8 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

The choice is yours anyway, we will not remove it!

Thanks Keven!