Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

Another strange finding!!

Guest Ridge_Runner_5

>do you ever notice when you turn on the computer the windows>clock is totally off since when you last turned it off? I am>not familiar with those tests but it appears to just tell you>what voltage your battery uses, not whether it is going bad or>notThat has happened to me before...Ive had a hard reboot, and, when I come back, the date is January 31st, 2032...

Hi Derek,"suggest simply deleting the erroneously dated files and copy the originals off of the CD".....In case others should be tempted I feel I should again point out that ALL the affected files were the updated versions as installed by the 9.1 updater. If you reinstall off the original CDs you will revert back to the earlier version numbers.Mike

The evidence that follows is the result of conducting a search of my entire FS9 folder and associated subfolders for files with the Date Accessed = 30/09/2068 and yielded the following results:Flight Simulator 9 (root) = FS9UpdateReadme.rtf and FS9UpdateUninstall.exe AND FS9.EXEFlight Simulator 9BACKUP = 36 files (all with the format: *.A447.DLL) - this folder, if I remember correctly, was created by the FS9.1 updater. Note that one of the files is the previous version of FS9.EXE (9.0.0.30612). Also note that all the remaining files have 30/09 as part of their Date Accessed.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/139152.jpgFlight Simulator 9SceneryGenericscenery = 2 files (bridges and bridges01)Flight Simulator 9SceneryGenerictexture = 141 files (seem to be all bitmaps of bridges)Flight Simulator 9SceneryCitiesNewyorktexture = 36 files (all autogen files)I think these findings pretty much clinches it. There appears to very little doubt that, whatever the reason behind it, these Date Accessed anomalies were introduced by the FS9.1 Updater back in 2004.I note the Date Accessed for fs91upd.exe on my HD is 11/10/2004. The fact that I had edited the DWORD Value of NtfsDisableLastAccessUpdate in the Registry prior to the 9.1 update ensured the Date Accessed would not change subsequently system wide.Mike

Guest Bob Z

Remembering from the search I did yesterday, that looks just about the same as what I got.It doesn't appear to affect the sim performance whatsoever.

Hi Bob,My apologies! In fact you had it nailed before I did and my findings have simply confirmed that to be true. Your observations must have had a subliminal effect and guided me accordingly :)Cheers!Mike

Hi,I'm beginning to think I'm jinxed :( This last wee while I appear to have had the knack for stumbling across strange findings which are not easily explained. For my latest, look at the following image taken from a section of my modules folder:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/138909.jpgExamine the column on the far right which is "Date Accessed" and note the year - 2068 (!?)Now I swear to you all I have not inadvertently been fooling around with time travel, much as the thought appeals. Yet there it is, some 62 years into the future this PC of mine, so lovingly and carefully crafted all those years ago, appears to be still functioning! What's more, those date stamps also suggest that FS9 is still alive and kicking!!! How's that for stability and reliability?!The times indicate that this all happened over a couple of minutes. Not bad going, eh? Leap into the future, load the sim, go for a flight and leap back again, and all within 120 secs or so, phew!Sadly the flaw in my working theory appears to be the absence of similar findings on conducting random searches in other folders :(So, I'm left with a problem - how could this have occurred?I've checked - these are all FS9.1 files (Ver. 9.01.040901.01) and XP's clock seems to be functioning normally.Any takers?Mike

Guest Daniel Pimentel

People obviously have no idea how to administer their PC properly ,so they come and ask their very newbie question in the WRONG forum.I only wish the admins would do their job and fliter these kind of posts.I agree with the last part, I'd just apply it pertaining your post instead of his.. :) Quit trolling already, man. Mods have been alerted (again).Daniel P.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpgMember of SJU Photography. [A HREF=http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=9004]Click Here[/A] to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!The official psychotic AA painter. :)

"People obviously have no idea how to administer their PC properly ,so they come and ask their very newbie question in the WRONG forum.I only wish the admins would do their job and fliter these kind of posts.".......Hi Daniel, I am having difficulty deciding whether these statements were directed at me or another poster. However, I'm quite sure they were ill-chosen and certainly unnecessary at this stage in the thread.As far as I can see, all the contributions have been perfectly apposite and most have been helpful in some way or another.As to whether this thread should be moved to a more appropriate Forum, well, you will note I did make this suggestion in response no. 8. Perhaps my original message should have been posted in the Hardware Forum and, if so, I have no problem about holding my hand up. In my defense, I'm quite sure the Moderator will have considered the matter and decided, on balance and in view of the undoubted interest it has attracted amongst other interested simmers, that it was reasonable to leave the thread where it is or at least until we arrived at some conclusion. In any event, I think we are all now agreed that the subject of this thread has not been a hardware issue nor does it appear to have any negative influence on the proper functioning of FS9.Regards,MikeEdit: I would just like to add for those who have been following this thread that I have now conducted a system-wide search for the Date Accessed = 30/09/2068 and have found no other affected files.