Sign in to follow this  
smyalygames

Aerosoft Airbus Cameras don't work.

Hi,

The Aerosoft Airbus cameras don't work at all, I try to move around and look around the cockpit and it won't let me.

I have FSX:SE and I bought the Airbus of Steam, which makes a folder for the plane which is not in SimObjects but another SimObjects but in DLC ("DLC\500201\SimObjects").

I keep on getting the same message from ChasePlane that "The following aircraft have been modified to work with ChasePlane." http://prntscr.com/f0q4ml

Edit: Forgot to add this but I've also tried the quick fix.

Thank you for your time!

Hi, just want to check/know if after that screen cited in the OP, the AS Airbuses won't need the previous fixes for them to work with CP.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Hi, just want to check/know if after that screen cited in the OP, the AS Airbuses won't need the previous fixes for them to work with CP.

The problem is that every time I launch CP, the message reappears, and I don't think its fixing the problem with the camera movement, I've tried restarting numerous times.

For me it appeared only the first time I installed CP in that machine, and I wonder if the previous AS Airbus manual fixes are not necessary anymore. For your problem, have you tried to uninstall/reinstall your airbuses?.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

My guess on that one is that Steam checks the integrity of the cfg file and reverts the changes. If that's the case, we will not be able to support DLCs on the Steam platform.

@smyalygames are you able to test and see if that's the case? Search for "ChasePlane" in the aircraft.cfg file.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

4 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

My guess on that one is that Steam checks the integrity of the cfg file and reverts the changes. If that's the case, we will not be able to support DLCs on the Steam platform.

@smyalygames are you able to test and see if that's the case? Search for "ChasePlane" in the aircraft.cfg file.

Ok, I did search the aircraft.cfg file and they didn't come up with anything to do with "ChasePlane". I think that it would be highly unlikely that Steam reverts back the .cfg file, as I've installed skins with to the Aerosoft, its only if you ask Steam to "Verify integrity of game files..." http://prntscr.com/f13y5w

Whilst I was writing this, I decided to try and edit the .cfg file, and write "Please don't remove this line of string" and it couldn't save, then I noticed that I had FSX open, and decided to close FSX, and try and save it again, which it worked.

Well, I guess everything up there is what to do with trouble shooting. Just going to tell you, ChasePlane can't modify the .cfg files whilst FSX is running, so I ran ChasePlane without opening FSX, and it changed the .cfg files, and now it works! I guess the fix is run ChasePlane without opening FSX at all. Thanks for the help!

Great job!

We will look at various ways to go around this problem. Thanks for the report and the details!

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42