Sign in to follow this  
plutonium238

gtn 750 always stop working

I really love this plug in   I have windows 7,8,10( 2 desktops and one laptop)  and each time I try to install the gtn750 when it downloads gamin trainer software it never complete it come back with an error message stating it could not find a file  I tried on all 3 computers still the same thing!!! I have tried to load this 10 times thru flight one..  I had to download the garmin trainer directly from the garmin website   it will work for awhile then it stops working...can someone let me know if they have had this problem... and also how do I fix this problem   not that great with computers folks   thanks

I've this problem too in my two Xplane 10 and 11! My GTN 750 was working fine till today. It stopped working, I get a blank screen instead of my GTN1 or 2 screen. I tried to install the last version with the new setting menu but now even the setting menu does not appear! During the install process I got an error message related to "rxpGtnSim32.dll"located in ProgramData/Reality XP and previously a message requesting to close Garmin Trainer! 

Regards

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

3 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

I got an error message related to "rxpGtnSim32.dll"located in ProgramData/Reality XP and previously a message requesting to close Garmin Trainer! 

Hi, this would help if you could tell what the exact message is, eventually with screenshots.

Regardless, it might well point to the direction of an anti-virus wiping the rxpGtnSim32.dll file under your feet. You might want to cross check if it is quarantined, and/or add this file to your white list.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Hello RXP!

Thank you for answering my post! Before reading it, I already uninstalled the RXP GTN using Windows ADD/REMOVE programs and I also remove the RXP folder in ProgramData. My anti-virus by default is Windows Defender. I deactivated it and reinstall the RXP GTN in my XPlane 10 install only. I also create an exclusion for the ProgramData RXP folder and for the XPlane/Resources/plugins/rxpGTN. At this moment my RXP GTN750 1 seems to be working except for the Option "Connect HSI/CRS output"

!http://Car_Centurion_1.jpg

I closed XPlane, restart my anti-virus protection and this time I got a blank GTN 1 (No menu of course)and a working GTN 2 except I've a "Nav flag" on the HSI and the HSI doesn't show the course corresponding with the flightplan selected in the GTN even with the option "Connect HSI/CRS output"selected.

http://Car_Centurion_3.jpg

I'm surprised because my GTN was working fine since my purchase few weeks ago, and suddenly these problems happened. 

thank you to help me resolve this 'mess"

Best regards

Pat

MSFS - XPlane11 & 12- P3D4 - Windows 10 64 bit - Corsair One i140 - i7 9700K 3.6Ghz - nVidia GeForce TRX 2080 

Patrick Mussotte

Pat, I'm not sure about the final outcome of your tests. Is it still failing or is adding the exclusions working fine now?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Hi RXP!

I didn't change anything since my last post and at this moment it works fine in XP10 except I can't get the HSI to switch the GTN nav course automatically. I don't try to install the GTN in XP11 because everytimes I tried it, it screwed my XP10 install. 

Pat

Patrick Mussotte

7 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

I can't get the HSI to switch the GTN nav course automatically.

Do you mean having the HSI motor turn the needle toward the DTK when the DTK changes? This is an option in the settings panel: Connect HSI/CRS output

gtn_settings_1.png

7 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

I don't try to install the GTN in XP11 because everytimes I tried it, it screwed my XP10 install. 

I'd appreciate you be more specific about what the installer is doing wrong on your installation. Nevertheless, since you have it installed in XP10, you just need to copy the 'rxpGTN' folder from XP10 plugin folder into the XP11 plugin folder!

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Do you mean having the HSI motor turn the needle toward the DTK when the DTK changes? This is an option in the settings panel: Connect HSI/CRS output

Yes, I already selected this option like in the picture but the needle doesn't follow the DTK. Anyway I can selected it manually.

1 hour ago, RXP said:

I'd appreciate you be more specific about what the installer is doing wrong on your installation. Nevertheless, since you have it installed in XP10, you just need to copy the 'rxpGTN' folder from XP10 plugin folder into the XP11 plugin folder!

Sorry for my poor report of the events. I will follow your advice to copy the XP10 folder to XP11.

Thank you very much for your help

Best regards

Pat

Patrick Mussotte

Just to make sure, you need not only the option to be enabled, but also the GTN must be set to 'master device' in the GTN menu for it to drive the HSI. Last but not least, you need to make sure you have correctly selected either pilot or copilot side for the GTN ( depending on your cockpit / HSI unit# )

The other day I noticed Windows Defender found a virus in rxpGtnSim32.dll. Of course I realized it's not correct. But now GTN750 is not working. I suppose Win Defender deleted the file.

How can I get it back? And where should it be located?

Will it work just by reinstall GTN750?

Regards,

29 minutes ago, janbergwall01 said:

Yes, it is the simplest way to restore the missing files.

16 hours ago, RXP said:

Just to make sure, you need not only the option to be enabled, but also the GTN must be set to 'master device' in the GTN menu for it to drive the HSI. Last but not least, you need to make sure you have correctly selected either pilot or copilot side for the GTN ( depending on your cockpit / HSI unit# )

I had all these already selected in the options.

20 minutes ago, janbergwall01 said:

The other day I noticed Windows Defender found a virus in rxpGtnSim32.dll. Of course I realized it's not correct. But now GTN750 is not working. I suppose Win Defender deleted the file.

How can I get it back? And where should it be located?

Regards,

You can make, as I did, an exclusion in Defender, but I'm afraid you will have to reinstall if Defender removed the file

http://Exclusion.jpg

• Upvote 1

Patrick Mussotte