Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Cessna Skycatcher for free

8 hours ago, MadDog said:

Something still seems wonky with the installer.  After uninstalling the earlier version and re-installing with the updated wrapper in stock FSX, Windows throws an error about not being able to find C:\FSX\Gauges\F1_C162\f1dataimport.exe when I try to load the airplane.  I didn't have this error after using the original installer.  I took a look in the gauges subdirectory and f1dataimport.exe is definitely not there.

I have a dialog going with Steve at Flight1 about this kind of thing on the Flight1 forum with progress is being made:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/topic58073_post367083.html

8 hours ago, MadDog said:

Windows throws an error about not being able to find C:\FSX\Gauges\F1_C162\f1dataimport.exe when I try to load the airplane.

Do download it again... that was fixed.

With the file in broad use among 3 different sims, I am collecting reports of things that may need addressing.

You can post here as I monitor that more frequently... http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=58079

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Sorry Steve, I don't have membership at the other forum.  Still no go - I have the f1d file in the right place, but still no displays I am afraid.  Shame - this is a really generous offer, but the reason I never bought it was the SE compatibility issue, and it seems not to have gone away yet.

Cheers anyway - really good deal for those who can get it to work. 

Really generous of F1 to do this. I bought it back when it came out but had to abandon it with the move to P3D. Glad to see it's been updated, can't wait to try out the new installer tonight!

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

SteveHalpern:

Followed the instructions at Flight One's site to the letter.  I have installed Other software from F1 this way for rebuilds and not had any firewall problems.  I should have tried disabling Avast.  Let's try this again. . . . . . . . . .Thanks!

I just took her out for a flight from Bremerton to Tacoma Narrows in P3Dv3 and all was well.

Thanks again Steve and F1. :biggrin:

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Yes, many thanks to Flight1 for this nice little plane.

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

For Prepar3D, if you get blank gauges, I believe it is actually FSX SimConnect RTM that is the required version. This version is now in the installer. It would also be in your Prepar3D folder in the following location:

PATH_TO_P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-RTM\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

Also, the version with SimConnect was posted last night, so if you downloaded early last night or before that, SimConnect was not automatically included.

• Upvote 1

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

SteveHalpern:

Okay, on a whim I used Internet Explorer to install the product, AND, worked!!!!.   Looks like Flight 1 doesn't like Chrome or I have something wrong somewhere.    Thanks!!!

Charlie

Chrome does seem to cause issues sometimes, and it is unknown why. We all mostly use Firefox around here. It gives you a lot of freedom to configure it the way you want.

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

4 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

Also, the version with SimConnect was posted last night, so if you downloaded early last night or before that, SimConnect was not automatically included.

The first installer I downloaded I had just a green MFD showing the terrain. Then you updated the installer with the navdata file included which resulted in my right MFD was just showing the airspaces. Now this evening I just downloaded and installed this newest installer with the correct SimConnect included and there we go! My right MFD is now showing all the airports and navaids. Thanks again for this freebie and working through the install issues. I appreciate it. 

(P3D 3.4.18)

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?

I gave it another go with the v3 installer, and it worked fine, from chrome.  Took it for a quick spin and it's really nice - those avionics are amazing.  Great job Steve, many thanks indeed.  

With the latest installer, it works perfectly!  Many thanks to F1 for offering up this gem for free.  I've often wondered why more developers don't do this for older products once the sales start to dry up... I think it would create a lot of goodwill in the community and provide good exposure for future projects.

• Upvote 1