Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Cessna Skycatcher for free

This looks like a nice small aircraft... I am flying this thing around and when approaching to land... I was tad low so I powered up a little and was light on the yoke and I was expecting it to climb, instead, it was going down (descending) faster.

IS this due to the good ole FSX Limitation? I have been flying the airliners for so long that I have not noticed this behavior in a while

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Now it is January 2019. I recently installed Prepar3D version 4.4. I also have (already quite some time) the problem of the black screens of the PFD and MFD gauges in the F1 C162 Skycatcher. Because of this problem I left this airplane unused for quite some time, but some days ago I started to "dive into the problem" and tried to find what could be the cause of the problem in this moment, within this latest version of Prepar3D (btw: I use the Professional edition). I discovered that Prepar3D has 2 options to activate log files. One is for the content. I activated it. The log reported a lot of errors that had nothing to do with the F1 C162 Skycatcher. But yesterday the "ContentErrors.txt" log stated clearly the source of the problem:

"[error.2]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F1_C162 Skycatcher\panel\F1_G300.dll, Gauge: G300 PFD.  DLL is 32 bit.  A 64 bit version is required.

[error.3]
error=C-style gauge failed to load: E:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\F1_C162 Skycatcher\panel\F1_G300.dll, Gauge: G300 MFD.  DLL is 32 bit.  A 64 bit version is required."

So, now my question is: how do we get a 64-bit version of the G300.dll ?

2 minutes ago, paulsk said:

So, now my question is: how do we get a 64-bit version of the G300.dll ?

I guess this would be as easy as convincing Cessna to sell you a real C162 🙂

Both C162 are no longer sold, so I doubt that any development will happen here.

I don't know if F1 is allowed to publish the source code (and still has access to it) so others could try it.

I don't think there was ever any intention of updating it to 64bit. Once it was released for free that was the end of the line.

Is it done yet? When will it be released? Will it be freeware or payware? How much will it cost? Any updates on the progress? Will it work for Xbox? Can I be a beta tester? How's the performance in VR?