Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

Cessna Skycatcher for free

Thanks for the heads up.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Steve says it should be compatible with FSX SE and P3D - that's news, because it was clearly stated many times that it would only be compatible with FSX box. Lots of users complained when SE was not even supported and it did not work when they tried to force the issue. I cannot imagine that Flight1 would do all the work to make it compatible with SE and P3D then just make it free. I'm not complaining, I'm just skeptical that it will work....I'm double checking with Flight1 before I bother trying to install it in P3D. 

Well, its interesting, Steve confirmed they even made a new installer totally compatible with P3D V3.4 and SE. Very generous. 

I just tried installing it, and the same old blank mfd and pfd panels issue is happening in SE.  Even though the installer states that it works with SE, the aircraft itself clearly doesn't.  Too bad - thought it was too good to be true.

The usual caveat applies to this: If it sounds too good to be true, it is. . . . .  Have downloaded the file three times, won't install with the provided key.     Way to go Flight 1!

What an amazing failure by Cessna, eh? Wow, they're scrapping all the skycatchers that won't sell. They should have just remade the 152. I don't know how anyone learned how to fly with that weird control setup. 

On topic though: pretty awesome of Fliight 1 to make this available for free. Maybe they'll turn loose of that commander and cardinal that were AOPA exclusives......

:-)

48 minutes ago, rightseat said:

I don't know how anyone learned how to fly with that weird control setup. 

Flew one for all of 1 hour during my Instructor training - that was enough!

David Porrett

Charliep... It should install with the supplied key if you enter 1212 as the password and you did not corrupt the key file. Make sure any firewall software is not blocking anything also. See the instructions at http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=skycatcher

If you are having MFD issues... I left out the navdata file in the rebuild I originally uploaded (sorry about that). If you downloaded BEFORE 8:40 PM on Tuesday the 25th, please re-download and install it again. This may affect some MFD and PFD screens. Note: the MFD does need to initialize the map data, so give it a moment to load everything after you start the aircraft.

• Upvote 2

Thanks,

Steve Halpern

Flight One Software

LOL Bert, I see you are a way ahead of me. I just sent you an email about something you were well aware of.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

2 hours ago, Steve Halpern said:

If you are having MFD issues... I left out the navdata file in the rebuild I originally uploaded (sorry about that). If you downloaded BEFORE 8:40 PM on Tuesday the 25th, please re-download and install it again. This may affect some MFD and PFD screens. Note: the MFD does need to initialize the map data, so give it a moment to load everything after you start the aircraft.

Something still seems wonky with the installer.  After uninstalling the earlier version and re-installing with the updated wrapper in stock FSX, Windows throws an error about not being able to find C:\FSX\Gauges\F1_C162\f1dataimport.exe when I try to load the airplane.  I didn't have this error after using the original installer.  I took a look in the gauges subdirectory and f1dataimport.exe is definitely not there.

downloaded the catcher (20170426-08:03z), installed it into P3Dv3.4 just to see blank PFD&MFD; no 2D panel pop-ups either, SL40 COM does not work - no clickspots at all for me