Sign in to follow this  
m4rk

Price tag

I assume that the $2.5 million dollar tag is a joke. But.. I have a hard time clicking yes with that price tag in my cart.

My PMDG updater lead me to purchase this. What is the point of that price?

They do that for every aircraft before it's actually available for purchase. I think the B747-400 v2 was in the neighborhood of $250,000,000.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

6 hours ago, m4rk said:

I assume that the $2.5 million dollar tag is a joke.

That's a bargain price compared to the 747V2 intial price! I'd go for it.

The original price came from the original price on this:

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/1357265/1956-douglas-dc-6

...as a joke, since we usually put the product in the cart and Ops Center in advance of release. In order to discourage someone from attempting to purchase, we use a joke price somewhere around the price of a real plane out there somewhere. For those with a keen eye, you may notice that there are some common features in our 6, and the aircraft in the link. That's our study plane.

Kyle Rodgers

27 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

The original price came from the original price on this:

https://www.controller.com/listings/aircraft/for-sale/1357265/1956-douglas-dc-6

...as a joke, since we usually put the product in the cart and Ops Center in advance of release. In order to discourage someone from attempting to purchase, we use a joke price somewhere around the price of a real plane out there somewhere. For those with a keen eye, you may notice that there are some common features in our 6, and the aircraft in the link. That's our study plane.

The pictures on that ad alone make me want to buy the DC-6. Looks like a blast to fly.

Nick Hatchel

"Sometimes, flying feels too godlike to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see …"
Charles A. Lindbergh, 1953

System: Custom Watercooled--Intel i7-8700k OC: 5.0 Ghz--Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7--EVGA GTX 1080ti Founders Edition--16GB TridentZ RGB DDR4--240GB SSD--460GB SSD--1TB WD Blue HDD--Windows 10--55" Sony XBR55900E TV--GoFlight VantEdge Yoke--MFG Crosswind Pedals--FSXThrottle Quattro Throttle Quadrant--Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS--TrackIR 5--VRInsight MCPii Boeing

30 minutes ago, 19dcavscout said:

The pictures on that ad alone make me want to buy the DC-6. Looks like a blast to fly.

The cabin décor is a bit questionable, but it's definitely a pretty plane.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

1 hour ago, scandinavian13 said:

The cabin décor is a bit questionable, but it's definitely a pretty plane.

It's just a little too...new in the flight deck, but apart from that it's perfect, can almost smell the old leather and exhaust gas lol.

No electronics wow, at last, so looking forward to getting this, I spent so many years flying mainly at night so this is going to be a real treat.  

of course, I figured it to be a joke. That's a good price... for the real aircraft. If I had the money I would get one.  Its that I am just so freakin' out to get my hands on this, especially in P3D, but couldn't click the "yes" with that number in the checkout/cart.

What would happen if someone actually pressed yes and proceeded to purchase the airplane? Would they end up being able to use the plane?

9 hours ago, Jomoma said:

What would happen if someone actually pressed yes and proceeded to purchase the airplane? Would they end up being able to use the plane?

nope  , unless  you had  2.5  million  to spend  that is:biggrin:

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

On 5/25/2017 at 0:34 AM, Jomoma said:

Which one - the study airplane in real life or the sim one lol?

Regards

Robert mentioned once they would happily give you the product on their way out the door to Fuji.

Dan Downs KCRP

If it's worth the price , I am taking it into consideration, provided there is onboard WIFI, LED mood lighting and IFE installed. :-)

1hxz6d.png
kityatyi

I7 6700K 4.6 GHz, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 8GB GDDR5

16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 2666 MHz RAM, 750GB SSD, 1TB HDD