Sign in to follow this  
2bsc

Maybe an Airbus?? - He's not really asking for that now, is he?

It is pretty much the same for all games and simulations and etc. If you want to use a registered trademark or product or music in a game, you have to have a license for it
since you making money out of someone else's work/product. This is also why there are no Gulfstream biz jet add-ons. GS have said no to all kinds of simulation add-ons.

Look at the GTA games, they usually have fictional cars which is made up from several real world cars In GTA V they had real Audis though but I think that was
more of a win-win situation for Rockstar/Audi. Rockstar got to use real Audi car models and Audi got exclusive right to product placement / advertising in the game.

That is why I don't understand why people are so negative about it since this is how it works from both a legal and business perspective.

It's not that licensing is bad... it's that licensing is expensive.  Crazy expensive.  

• Upvote 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

In related news: Jardesign's former A320 is now called the "JD320 Airliner". (All similarities with real aircraft are purely coincidental.)

Fortunately  this is Airbus  and not Disney. Disney has sued mom and pop operations over mouse toys that look too much like Mickey.

4 hours ago, domae001 said:

In related news: Jardesign's former A320 is now called the "JD320 Airliner". (All similarities with real aircraft are purely coincidental.)

And so it begins.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 2:14 PM, jcomm said:

Well, just imagine if Piper, Cessna, Beechcraft / Raytheon, Bell, Agusta, ATR, Embraer ... all like the idea ? 

There's no need to "imagine" about Cessna. Textron (their parent company) has been scamming - er, I mean licensing - rights to use their name and likeness for many years already.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

8 hours ago, domae001 said:

Not bad, we will have in the future a lot of Sessnas, Droings and Airguses!:blink:

• Upvote 1