Sign in to follow this  
killairbus

Inputting manual fuel in FMC

It won't let me put in estimates in the perf page, fuel is stuck on calc. How do I put it to manual?

-Angelo Busato

Angelo, you question concerns me.  You need to review the Introduction document.  There is a lot of information but one page is titled "IMPORTANT - READ THIS PAGE."  Your answer is on that page.

EDIT:  Ah okay, I reread your question. The manual entry is found on FCOM 11.40.34.  The only time I use it is to finish a preflight before the fuel is loaded.  Be sure to delete the manual and allow calculated to remain.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi, I went to the pages you listed, it doesn't really explain how to input the fuel manually, rather simply the definitions of what manual and calculated is. 

The issue I'm having is that whenever I try to input a number into the fuel line in the perf page, I get an INVALID message and my entries are ignored.

-Angelo Busato

What format are you using for the entry, Angelo? Kgs or tonnes?

John H Watson (retired 744/767 Avionics engineer)

It sounds like your calculated fuel (CALC) is being treated like it is sensed fuel (SENSED), which will not allow a manual entry. Maybe a corruption problem? Sounds like you are doing nothing wrong. It does say CALC when you try to put in the manual fuel, fuel is in balance with no FUEL DISAGREE messages, and you are not trying to put in a pound value on a kg airplane...if that is all good, sounds like a software problem to me...

• Upvote 1

I entered a manual amount before I posted my response earlier, CDU behaved exactly as expected.  OP needs to specify exactly what they are trying to enter.  For example, I only enter tons or lbs x 1000 in the format nnn.n so I'm not sure if entering in kg or lbs works in that field.

Dan Downs KCRP

I utilize PFPX  or  other Tools for Fuel calculation.

Open FMS >FS Actions>Fuel Page and type the amount of fuel calculated in to Fuel line,it will change to the amount  you did input. 

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

1 hour ago, asanal said:

I utilize PFPX  or  other Tools for Fuel calculation.

Open FMS >FS Actions>Fuel Page and type the amount of fuel calculated in to Fuel line,it will change to the amount  you did input. 

True, but this has nothing to do with the original post, which was a question about a manual entry in the PERF page.

Dan Downs KCRP

Thanks,

I misunderstood.

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

The format I put in is always nnn.n. No fuel imbalance or other issues, it simply states INVALID whenever I input a number into the fuel line on perf despite being in CALC and as described in the documentation, subject to manual inputs. 

-Angelo Busato

Ok apparently when inputting a manual entry AFTER setting a fuel load on the fuel setup page in the FMC behind the throttles, all inputs are invalid in the fist fmc's fuel line. After reloading to maximum fuel in the third fmc and unloading once more, the 1st FMC will allow me to add a manual entry. It is a software anamoly after all. 

-Angelo Busato

Something else to add, it goes invalid now after I input a fuel load that is excessively over the MTOW. Unless it was intended to be that way, I have been simply misusing the FMC and I apologize for wasting the time of you all.

-Angelo Busato

6 hours ago, killairbus said:

Something else to add, it goes invalid now after I input a fuel load that is excessively over the MTOW. Unless it was intended to be that way, I have been simply misusing the FMC and I apologize for wasting the time of you all.

-Angelo Busato

There is not much of a reason to use the manual fuel entry on the PERF page in a simulation unless you are using a simulated ground environment and fueling takes time, during which you want to start the preflight steps.  In this case the manual entries for fuel and ZFW are entered to give you some of the preflight but you still need to use the real or calculated loads to finish.  In other words,  let it go.

Dan Downs KCRP