Sign in to follow this  
mtrainer

Question About Independent Throtte Use

Hello Fellow Simmers,

I now have a throttle that splits the thrust between engines on the NGX 737, but even with the pin removed (It's a ThrustMaster Warthog) to allow separate application of throttle for each engine I can't seem to make it work...both engines spool up.....is this even possible given the limitations of the Preard3D base as inherited from Flight Simulator?  Advancing one thrust level causes both engines to spool up.  

It's certainly not a deal breaker and the conditions upon which one needs asymmetrical thrust are rare;  but if it is simple a setup issue I'd love to sort it out.

(On an unrelated note- flying across South America has made me realize there is a large opportunity here for someone to render this huge region properly - it's the next big untapped area to be utilized).

Thanks,

Mark Trainer

(Exploring South America but residing in Chicago....go figure)

7 minutes ago, mtrainer said:

Hello Fellow Simmers,

I now have a throttle that splits the thrust between engines on the NGX 737, but even with the pin removed (It's a ThrustMaster Warthog) to allow separate application of throttle for each engine I can't seem to make it work...both engines spool up.....is this even possible given the limitations of the Preard3D base as inherited from Flight Simulator?  Advancing one thrust level causes both engines to spool up.  

You need to set up your throttle levers mapped to throttle one and throttle two in the P3D joystick assignments, my guess is that they are both being seen as one throttle.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, mtrainer said:

Advancing one thrust level causes both engines to spool up.  

Sounds like your throttle axis isn't properly configured. You can't just plug the hardware in and expect the sim to know exactly what to do with it, unfortunately. Go into your hardware settings and configure the left throttle to engine 1 and the right to engine 2.

Kyle Rodgers

My Warthog throttles work exactly as expected on the twins such as NGX and T7.  The challenge is getting a split to work on the 747 or DC6, P3D will not do that and FSUIPC attempts didn't work out.

Dan Downs KCRP

25 minutes ago, downscc said:

My Warthog throttles work exactly as expected on the twins such as NGX and T7.  The challenge is getting a split to work on the 747 or DC6, P3D will not do that and FSUIPC attempts didn't work out.

Hi Dan,

You should be able to assign each axis in FSUIPC to up to four "outputs" - in the axis assignment tab, send direct to FSUIPC calibration, then tick two dropdowns -- select the first dropdown to Throttle1 and the second to Throttle2 - repeat for the other axis and Throttles 3 and 4.

Works OK for me in the Jumbo!

Simon

1 hour ago, downscc said:

Haven't had a problem assigning Throttles 1,2 to the left and 3,4 to the right with my Saitek thru FSUIPC.  How did you set it up?

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries