Sign in to follow this  
TNguitar

I am needing scenery help, Beacon is black cone

No Chile today or Hot tamale!  But it is in an addon airport for Unalakleet, Alaska!  Bingo!

Unalakleet.jpg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

This is amazing.  I came here to say that I had figured it out.  It was the 6AK7 file.  Here's what I did.  I decided to go in to the scenery library in FSX and just start unchecking scenery addons until it stopped.  I unchecked snow dog tours first, no chance, cone still there.

I then remembered I had made a scenery folder called Alaska airports.  A scenery maker had said in his notes to just make a folder for all his addons called alaska airports, which I did.  Well, I had put other stuff in there too for convenience.  I unchecked that and what do you know, I really had the  basic default 6AK& airport when I loaded up.  No buildings, no nothing but a dirt strip.  The light was gone, everything was gone.  So I knew I had found it.

So I go in to the alaska airports folder in my fsx addon scenery folder and sure enough, there were all the downloaded 6AK7 files among many others.  I opened up the downloaded 6AK7 folder and checked each file and deleted all of them from the alaska airports file.  Went back in to FSX and rechecked the foler to load, loaded up my plane and the airport and all lights were gone, complete default fsx airport, no buildings, no nothing.

Now here comes the strange part.  I figured, well how about now trying to load 6AK7 in it's own folder.  In the zip file the folder is called "addon scenery", and in that is the texture and scenery folder.  So I follow the instructions and move the folder "addon scenery" in to the fsx addon scenery folder.  Here are the instructions from the download.

"

INSTALL............place the unzipped "addon scenery folder into FSX's addon scenery/scenery folder and
     activate through settings/scenery library/add area.........."

I only put it in the addon scenery folder, not the scenery folder actually inside the addon scenery folder of FSX.  Then I went in and activated it and what do you know, the airport is back without the black lights.  I drove my plane over and sure enough I see the light tower is back and I see the green, red, and yellow colored lenses in the light, no black.  They are spinning, but I don't see any light actually emanating from the colored lenses, am I supposed to?

I don't really give a hoot about seeing the lights flashing, all I care about is the darn black lights being gone, AND THEY ARE.

That's very interesting about the missing files, I never saw any of those anywhere, but at least mine no longer are black.  Now to ginish this little detective story off, I think I will go to simviation and get those files and put them in the folder and see if I can actually see the colored lights flashing.

I hope this story helps someone else in the future.  Make sure you follow scenery directions to a T.  Try not to be putting a bunch of scenery addons all in to one folder for convenience so that you will always see all your individual addons in folders with their own names.  And when there is trouble, go in to the library and start unchecking addons from loading one by one until you find the culprit.

At least I can use the addon airport now and see the colored lenses spinning with no more black lights, and let me tell you, those little buggers are powerful  They literally destroyed about 20 nearby airports miles away. 

Thanks everyone for helping figure this darn thing out.  As usual you guys here are awesome detectives.

8 hours ago, charliearon said:

No Chile today or Hot tamale!  But it is in an addon airport for Unalakleet, Alaska!  Bingo!

Unalakleet.jpg

ANOTHER HOLY CRAP MOMENT.  I have that Unalakleet addon airport and that beacon was black too.  I went in to that download and deleted the file baconlight or something and the light stopped flashing black.  I remember the file I deleted said "Bacon" in the file name, not beacon.  So when I deleted that file is this what caused all this misery?  I have an AH2 Era company and that beacon was flashing black when I first loaded it.  This gets even more strange, unreal.

And now to top it all off, I reinstalled my Unakaleet addon version 3.0.  The file I was talking about was Paul Bacon. in the Unakaleet scenery folder.  I had deleted that when the lights of the beacon were black, I put it back in and copied all the files back in like the installation said to, and now my Unakaleet beacon light is working too.  You guys are amazing.  I came here to fix one of my AH2 companies because of a black cone destroying an entire area, I get that fixed and now I also get another company fixed up for AH2 as well.  This is AWESOME!!!  Thanks so much.

When I changed the time in fsx to dusk the lights are shining the proper yellow, green and white at both airports.  Great detective work by you guys, thanks again.  I hope this thread helps others with scenery and beacon troubles.

I'm off to fly some Airhauler jobs.  I can highly recommend AH2 folks,   You guys made it a lot better for me.