Sign in to follow this  
Omar Masroor

[Available Now] Aerosoft Dallas/Fort Worth Intl for XP 10 & 11

Crucial Bug Fix for Aerosoft Dallas/Fort Worth Intl

A user has pointed out to me that crossing the elevated overpasses on Taxiways A/B/Y/Z may cause your aircraft to abruptly jump a few feet into the air and suffer from a tailstrike or other form of damage.

Use this fix to to diminish the issue:

1. Download the Aerosoft_KDFW_Overpass_Fix_#2.zip file from here (you must log in to download the file): http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/122520-available-now-aerosoft-dallasfort-worth-intl-for-xp-10-11/&do=findComment&comment=813668
  2. Extract the archive.
  3. Copy the extracted 220.obj file and place it in your X-Plane/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft_KDFW_5_Scenery/ folder, overwriting the previous file.

7 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

I just have to comment, that in seeing the videos of this very detailed and impressive project, it brings out starkly, just how much XP 10 and 11 NEEDS a great A.I. system to transform airports of this sort to real-world animation.  I mean, you land...taxi to gate, and all those aircraft stationed around you, never move.  Never start push back, never taxi to active, never can be seen landing, and at taxi to gate.  This airport cries out the deficiency of the XP franchise to 'real-world' up the notch lever....  

The airport is fabulous, the XP11 environment is totally sterile...

Just my opinion.... 

In my opinion, the X-Life plugin by JARDesign is the (almost) perfect solution to this problem. I've never tried World Traffic so I can't comment on that. I even made an entire video showing how X-Life brings my Dallas/Fort Worth Intl scenery to life. If you forward to 8:00, you can even see how it simulates parallel runway operations:

Important: The Aerosoft_KDFW_Overpass_Fix.zip file I linked in my previous post was causing AI traffic to taxi through the elevated overpasses instead of over them. Please download the new Aerosoft_KDFW_Overpass_Fix_#2.zip file linked in my previous post instead.

Off topic: I just wanted to start another flight at KDFW in my C172. One thing I didn't know: There is a major storm overhead, so when the Cessna took off from RW31L like a helicopter with next to no power applied, I checked the metar: 280/053 (!). You can actually flight backwards in these conditions, it's hilarious!

Just bought the airport, however I was quite suprised that even though it is advertised to contain "Complete taxiway network for use by ATC and AI aircraft", the airport is not compatible with X-Plane 11 Ai traffic. Ai traffic will not spawn or land at the airport. When will this issue be adresssed? Real bummer...

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

4 hours ago, frontendrob said:

Just bought the airport, however I was quite suprised that even though it is advertised to contain "Complete taxiway network for use by ATC and AI aircraft", the airport is not compatible with X-Plane 11 Ai traffic. Ai traffic will not spawn or land at the airport. When will this issue be adresssed? Real bummer...

Hello frontendrob,

Thank you for bringing this bug to my attention. After some investigation, I've found the cause of the problem and prepared a preliminary bug fix. Follow these steps to try the fix:

1. Download the new apt.dat file from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/lui5ptncv8ilbbf/apt.dat?dl=0
  2. Place the downloaded file in your X-Plane 11/Custom Scenery/Aerosoft_KDFW_5_Scenery/Earth nav data/ folder, overwriting the previous file.
  3. Restart X-Plane and see if the problem is resolved.

Kindly let me know if this fix works. And don't hesitate to ask me any more questions.

P.S. I recommend that you use the free X-Life plugin by JARDesign for AI traffic instead of X-Plane's built-in AI traffic. The built-in traffic is not very polished and can exhibit extremely bizarre behaviour (which is sometimes funny to watch). It also limits you to a maximum of 19 AI aircraft and it can only choose from the aircraft installed in your X-Plane 11/Aircraft folder. The traffic does not follow any flight plans and randomly spawns around the user's aircraft. The AI traffic also doesn't emit any sound.

The X-Life plugin does not suffer from these problems and is currently considered the best way to make the skies and airports in X-Plane come to life. It also works quite flawlessly with the KDFW scenery. All necessary instructions for installing X-Life and configuring it for KDFW can be found in the user manual of the scenery. Here is a video exhibiting how X-Life brings KDFW to life. If you forward to 8:00, you can even see how it simulates parallel runway operations: https://youtu.be/Ah9-3QZslg0

• Upvote 1

That did it, thanks! Probably the transparent runway issue that concerns most scenery packages since it was introduced in 10.50...  I was able to edit most of my airport myself by now though. 

I have been dealing with Ai traffic in X-Plane for about 5 years now, and of course I have tested all available options. They all have their pros and cons, for now I am pretty happy with the standard Ai, it's been much improved in the past 12 months, also due to better airports.

-

For now, all larger hubs I have tested in XP11, they all seem to rely on single runway operation. Which is strange because Ben enabled dual runway operation for X-Plane Ai traffic a while back. 

-

The best DFW scenery gets even better.

Hi everyone. I'm pleased to announce a free major update to DFW that includes a whopping 30 improvements/fixes for issues reported to me by the community and that I noticed myself. Thank you to everyone who sent me messages/posted on my topics pointing out the various different issues. Here are the changes:

• All scenery elements are now correctly aligned with the ground layout
  • New custom files for World Traffic v3 and updated files for X-Life v2.0 support
  • LAHSO lights now stay on during the day and pulsate at the FAA-designated rate (1.72s ON, 0.46s OFF)
  • Added missing MALSR approach lighting on Runway 31R
  • Added missing taxiway centerline + edge lights and intermediate hold short markings on the aircraft overpasses
  • Added missing apron lights on the underside of the Skylink tracks
  • Added AutoGate marshallers to eligible gates/stands with no A-VDGS
  • Added missing night lighting on the Skylink cars and tracks
  • Added missing jet blast deflectors throughout the airport
  • Added the three missing ramp towers
  • Added the two missing radar towers with animated spinning dishes
  • Added the missing American flag and American Airlines plaque at the Terminal A-C Connector
  • Added the missing Maverick VOR/DME structure
  • Added missing parking sheds north of Terminal E
  • Added missing fuel tanks at well drilling sites throughout the airport
  • Added wind-dependent ATC traffic flows to runways and one-way directionality to parallel taxi routes
  • Added the service roads that run parallel to International Pkwy
  • Fixed streetlights protruding through the aircraft overpasses
  • Fixed Skylink track pillars protruding through PBBs and GSE
  • Fixed visual artifacts on the aircraft overpasses
  • Fixed default AI aircraft not using the airport
  • Fixed color of high-pressure sodium apron lights and added an individual 'billboard' for each lamp housing
  • Fixed PBBs not connected to the Terminal B Stinger
  • Fixed position of RIDS displays for Gates B1-B3
  • Fixed flickering parts of the Skylink tracks
  • Fixed visible seams between orthoimagery tiles
  • Fixed sky visibility through translucent windows
  • Fixed missing interior wall sections of Terminals A-C & E
  • Fixed flickering interior wall sections of Terminal D
  • Reduced the probability of incorrect airlines at Terminals D & E when using the MisterX static aircraft library

New custom files for World Traffic v3: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/files/file/41898-world-traffic-v3-files-for-aerosofts-dallasfort-worth-intl-kdfw-scenery/

Updated files for X-Life v2.0: http://jardesign.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=15319

The update for both the X-Plane 10 and X-Plane 11 versions of the scenery has been pushed to Aerosoft today and should be released to customers soon.

If you have any questions regarding the changes, please feel free to ask.

• Upvote 1

Many thanks for the update! Does the Org-Store also has the latest version? I just re-downloaded it, but i can´t see a version number.

14 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

Many thanks for the update! Does the Org-Store also has the latest version? I just re-downloaded it, but i can´t see a version number.

First, Aerosoft has to make the update available on their server and then the Org Store has to download that update and make it available on its own server. I'm not sure if there will be any notification but I'll post here as soon as I know its available.

• Upvote 1

Any news regarding the update?

• Upvote 1

I guess the update is there because KDFW is listed as new (Org-Store).

2 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

I guess the update is there because KDFW is listed as new (Org-Store).

Yes it is. Really looking forward to try this in VR tonight.

-