Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

V1.2. available

Just downloaded V1.2.

There now is a choice of models - original and LITE..

The size of the interior model file for the LITE version is half of the original..

looks just fine to me, so that is going to be my choice.

Two of my pet peeves have been addressed:

- the altitude preselector in the VC is now fully functional (!)

- a visual "gap" in the left corner of the cockpit panel has been eliminated.

Smaller issues are still unchanged.. the trim wheel animation looks like the wheel is going backwards, and the autopilot clickspots still disappear when one of the overhead light sliders is activated.

These I can live with, if necessary..

I'll have to fly it a bit to see what else may be below the surface, but first impressions:

Great!

• Upvote 1

Bert

The Lite version has definitely fixed the fps/stutter issues I was experiencing. I think this is now destined to be a real favorite for me.

Thanks to Carenado and everyone who took the issues to them.

If you have been sitting on the fence {Scott) with this one I think now is the time to jump in.

Jesse

Jesse Cochran
"... eyes ever turned skyward"

P3D v5.3 Professional, Windows 10 Professional, Jetline GTX, Gigabyte Aorus X299 Gaming 7 mobo, i7 7740X @ 4.9 GHz, Corsair H115i Liquid Cooling, 32Gb SDRAM @ 3200MHz, Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti @ 11 GB

ORBX Global + NALC, ASP3D, ASCA, ENVTEX, TrackIR, Virtual-Fly Yoko Yoke, TQ6+, Ruddo+ Rudder Pedals

There seems to be an issue with their site, just tried to buy it and I keep getting an error message. Will try later...

Glad to hear "most" things have been worked out!

Martin

I'm impressed. A second update; that's great.

I just noticed the trim tab on the elevator is backwards...that's nit-picking for ya.

Nice aircraft, for sure.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

2 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I just noticed the trim tab on the elevator is backwards...that's nit-picking for ya.

Indeed, and luckily, a bug that is fixable by changing a  - to a +.

Bert

Hi Folks,

Bert/Jesse - known you guys for years - trust your judgment - I'm in... I haven't bought a Carenado plane since I picked up the Navajo on one of the holiday sales and honestly it's pretty decent (wish they would do a Cape Air Cessna 402 to the same level - my holy grail)...

Been also following all the Conquest feedback as that's a sexy bird as well...

Appreciate you guys thinking of me - I do love the Cheyenne...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

HI Bert, Happy to see that they reach to the 1.2, that's a good start, 

Apart for the trim wheel backwards, they fix the RPM indicator?  I see a couple of videos of 1.1 that pass the starter. Hear the turbine spooling up but don't see any rpm indication, instrument. Needle move to 12% for getting in the fuel. You have to guess when the turbine reach the 12% rpm for bringing in the mixture lever, 

For me that's it's a not buy item.

Scott I do love the DA Cheyenne even with their age. I have some hours in RL Cheyenne II and the DA it's the mirror of the Real Cheyenne, 

Hope carenado Cheyenne make this, too, I can deny that the graphics are beautiful, interior and exterior. 

Redgars 

RB 

Hi RB,

Hah - bookmarking your name now - thanks for the feedback... I haven't given up on the DA just quite yet - as I've more time flying it than any other plane in FS - ever... I don't think I've chatted with anyone who actually had time in real ones though... Might have a couple questions for you if you don't mind...

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott there's not problem. We can talk, 

If the RPM indicator it's functional now.............  Maybe it's time to think about it, and wait if the plane stay on 1.2 or will be a 1.3. 

But now it's a hard contender to the mighty old DA Cheyenne.

RB 

• Upvote 1

The LITE version is working here. However, it doesn't have the GNT750 in the panel like the "normal" versions. Is it some kind of a bug or the LITE version isn't compatible with the GTN?

You need to run the exe app twice, once for the regular, and once for the lite version.

Bert

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

You need to run the exe app twice, once for the regular, and once for the lite version.

Yeah i've just found this out and came here to dismiss my last post but you were faster! Thanks as always, Bert!

Hi all,

Has anybody tried to program a key for toggling the Yaw Damper ? The standard FSX key (ctrl+D if I remember right) does not work, and neither any assignment through FSuipc ("toggle yaw damper" command) ?

Maybe Bert has an explanation ?

Apart from all the other smallish issues you have all mentionned, I must say I am fairly positively surprised by this Cheyenne. To me the major drawback is the turbine modelization compared to say the RealAir TDuke or the F1 B200, but I can live with it. The flight model seems good to me and the visual model of course is so much better than the other 2 I mentioned....

Best regards!

The yaw damper key doesn't work because it's disabled in the cfg file (apparently built into the FDE)

You can enable it by changing the 0 to 0.1 in the cfg file.

[autopilot]
yaw_damper_gain=            0.1

Btw, I do like the PT6 simulation of the PA31T a lot, what's better with the TDuke?

Anyone noticed that with that latest update, which includes the lite models, the RPM gauge is now behaving perfectly?

52% idle, % RPM showing immediately after starter engagement and no 'stuck' RPM at full power