Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

V1.2. available

Agree, really enjoy flying her, whamil77 was kind enough to swap out the FDE with the DA Cheyenne and make a few adjustments and now she feels like the old DA Cheyenne....very happy with this one now!

Cheers

Martin

I've also tried the FDE swap, not my cup of tea, already back to the Carenado FDE and happy as well :)

Either way, I think Carenado did a pretty good job on this one.

Cheers

Martin

Thanks for the yaw damper tip, I'll try it...

I am not a real world PT6 flier, but I understand that ITT should increase with altitude up to some point, torque should go up when one decreases prop RPM, and NG is affected also by altitude. This, I believe, is correctly modeled both in the RealAir TDuke and in the F1 B200, which makes monitoring engine parameters in the climb that much more interesting.

I never expected Carenado to model this, so I'm not surprised nor disappointed, for the rest compared to what I've read regarding other Carenado releases I'm pretty happy with this one, especially the FDE seems very credible to me.

For me, if there is a G1000 in the model I shall stay away from it, but if it's steam and GTN ready, then it's worth having a look...

NG and ITT might be better simulated by those mentioned but torque/RPM relationship is definitely there in the Carenado version as well.

Concerning ITT, I've flown a PT6A-50 equipped plane for a few years and ITT was never a factor during climb or cruise AFAIR.

What the Carenado version does very well is the simulated propeller drag at idle, something many FSX add-on turboprops are missing.  

Hi Folks,

I don't have the books handy - anyone know what's a realistic runway length requirement for this bird ??? Ball park MTOW ISA @ SL is fine...

I ran into a guy at Goodspeed CT (42B) a while back who claimed he landed one there - don't know the model - but the runway is 2120x50 and it looked tiny when I landed there in a SEL... It's in the ORBX Freeware Pack if you want a challenge - beautiful approach over the river...

Thanks...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott, this is for the XL but it looks like with propeller reversing it could be done.

LANDING DISTANCE 9,000 lbs. (4082 kg)

3° Approach angle without reversing

Approach speed (IAS) 104 kts. (193 kmh)

Ground roll 1571 ft. (479 m)

Tot. dis. over 50 ft. obstacle 2446 ft. (745 m)

With propeller reversing

Approach speed (IAS) 104 kts. (193 kmh)

Maximum range power Ground roll 1080 ft. (329 m)

Tot. dis. over 50 ft. obstacle 1773 ft. (540 m)

Hi Martin,

Thanks... LOL - seems possible but with some pretty tight margins... I'll try it in the sim when I get home next weekend...

Goodspeed CT:

4ef326d6c0f4652023ca056d657afc56_zpsdhuj

Regards,
Scott

Hi guys,

A couple of Cheyenne perf and specs including the II you might want to look at  :http://www.cheyenneairservice.com/cheyenne-aircraft-specifications

Ground roll with reverse 955ft, Tot. dis. over 50 ft. obstacle 1,860 ft...

No luck on assigning a key to the Yaw Damper switch, editing the aircraft.cfg with "yaw_damper_gain = 0.1" does not work for me, any thoughts ?

Regards!

Hi...

Whoa - nice find - thanks so much !

:wink:

So the I and IA use 15 degrees of flaps - the II and IIXL use 0 degrees of flaps - on takeoff... 

Regards,
Scott

Great, thanks for the link! 

Have no idea why the yaw Damper switch doesn't seem to map to any keys! Doesn't work here either with the Ctrl D key and I'm using a different FDE so not sure if it's programed into the FDE?

Martin

My Yaw Damper seems to be connected with the AP switch, that is probably why you can't map it to a key? With the AP on I can't turn yaw off without turning the AP off, maybe that is how it works in the RW?

Cheers

Martin

Well apparently the yaw damper comes on automatically when switching the AP on (using either VC switch, 2D popup switch or "Z" key) however when switching the AP off the YD doesn't switch off with it, and as you say you cannot switch YD off without turning the AP off first...

That - sort of - makes sense to me, however I believe even when flying manual the YD should be switched on around 1000' AGL, and having to call up the 2D window to switch it on with the mouse is not too comfortable when busy with the initial climb right after take off. Same on landing, turning YD off on short final is not great with the 2D popup.

I really wish I could map a key to it but I can't figure out how...

Any help appreciated...

Best regards

2 hours ago, sinonquoi said:

however when switching the AP off the YD doesn't switch off with it, and as you say you cannot switch YD off without turning the AP off first...

I did ask Carenado about this just before they issued ver 1.2 but didn't get any response. have noticed the ctrl+D is listed in the Standard.xml file.

edit ...whilst on the ground if you switch the AP on ( YD comes on at the same time) then switch AP off, you can now use the YD switching it on and off.

edit 2.. did you pick up J35OE comments regarding altering the Aircraft file to switch the YD on.

just checked ctrl+D it does appear to restrict the rudder movement.

bob

Here is what I have done.. added a little XML gauge which can be positioned in a subfolder to the panel folder, and added to the panel.cfg file.

<Gauge Name="ASandYD" Version="1.0">

<Element> <Select> <Value>

<!-- Turn off YD if AP disconnected via Yoke Button -->

(L:AP CONNECT,bool) 1 == if{

(A:Autopilot Master,bool) ! (A:AUTOPILOT YAW DAMPER,bool) and if{
   (>K:YAW_DAMPER_TOGGLE)
   0 (>L:AP CONNECT,bool) }
   }

<!-- Activate Anti-skid -->

(A:ANTISKID BRAKES ACTIVE,bool) !  if{ (>K:ANTISKID_BRAKES_TOGGLE) }  

</Value> </Select> </Element>
</Gauge>