Sign in to follow this  
Guest Philip Olson

Scenery files loading screen

I need some advice in regards that every time I load FS9 the loading new scenery files screen comes up. Any suggestions on the source of this ?? Thanks Carlos :-hmmm

>I need some advice in regards that every time I load FS9 the>loading new scenery files screen comes up. Any suggestions on>the source of this ?? Thanks Carlos :-hmmm Are you talking about the initial load before a flight, or are you getting this during flight? If the former, this is normal, FS has to load scenery at the initialization of a flight. Then as you fly, scenery is incremently loaded as you come into a new area. The graphic engine tries to do this as transparent to the user as possible, but under a dense scenery area or if your aircraft is moving at high speed, it has difficulty catching up, This is why you see blurry ground textures from time to time. There are ways to minimize this. I suggest you read the FS tips thread stickied above.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

No it is the screen when you first start FS on the splash screen. Thanks Carlos...... :-hmmm

The last time that happen to me, when I hadn't added any new scenery files and was surprised by the window , was when I had a season change from fall to winter. It only updated the files once. Maybe your FS9 program/computer can't do this for some reason.

If using WinXP, do the following:Go to Start, then My Computer, then select "C" Drive, then Documents and Settings, then select User (usually your name), select Application Data, then Microsoft, then FS9 and look for FS9.CFG.Double click FS9.cfg to open, then scroll down to the line that has the following:"SHOW_OPENING_SCREEN=1".Type in "0" where "1" is at the end. This will get rid of the FS9's opening screen when you first start up.Hope this helps.Graham

Edited for speeling

Visit the tribe @ http://islandsim.com

Guest Philip Olson

Carlos, I think what you are saying is that whenever you start FS you get the "completing setup" and "building database for new scenery files" screens. Am I right? If that is the case it probably means that you probably have some scenery installed that has a problem. I do not know a whole lot about this so hopefully someone else can jump in here and help out. If you recently installed any new scenery or Afcad try removing it to see if that solves the problem. Remember those screens will appear the first time after you remove the scenery to update the fact that it is gone. For me this problem has occured only after I have installed a scenery that has something wrong with it but I think there are other reasons this can occur so hopefully someone else will jump in here and give their knowledge to you. Also try doing a search on this forum since I am sure I have seen things posted about that on here.Take care,Philip Olsonhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg