Sign in to follow this  
samwheeler

Middle Mouse Lag/Studdering

I have just loaded up my sim after a few days and I have noticed when panning around that the mouse is lagging behind and studdering. The start of the week it was fine but I think an update has messed something up. Any help would be appreciated, as my sim is pretty much unusable.

Hi,

Try enabling Temporary Fix for Mouse Look in Preferences > Camera > Mouse Controls and let me know if it fixes the issue.
The mouse will remain visible with this option.

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

23 minutes ago, Keven Menard said:

Hi,

Try enabling Temporary Fix for Mouse Look in Preferences > Camera > Mouse Controls and let me know if it fixes the issue.
The mouse will remain visible with this option.

Regards,
Keven

I enabled this and then restarted my sim and it didn't change anything. The camera seems to get stuck and move on its own as well. I've asked 2-3 other people and they are have the same issue as well. :(

Let me know if the latest fixed the issue.

What's the mouse you are using?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Let me know if the latest fixed the issue.

What's the mouse you are using?

I'll check it out now. I am using a basic Logitech wireless mouse. Worked perfectly fine before.

2 hours ago, samwheeler said:

I'll check it out now. I am using a basic Logitech wireless mouse. Worked perfectly fine before.

After some testing it still is the same and performance has decreased. Really messed up.

I will push another update later today. On that version, try enabling the "Temporary fix for Mouse Look" option in the Preferences and let me know then if it fixes the issue (The mouse will remain visible during pan & tilt with that option enabled)

Thank you for your patience on this issue

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

2 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

I will push another update later today. On that version, try enabling the "Temporary fix for Mouse Look" option in the Preferences and let me know then if it fixes the issue (The mouse will remain visible during pan & tilt with that option enabled)

Thank you for your patience on this issue

Regards,
Keven

Alright I will test it then :) Thanks!

Whatever was done in April to the mouse detection or mouse movement really messed things up. FSX always had the FPS drop when using mouse look, but P3D seems to have fixed it. It was fine months ago when I first got Chaseplane. But now the dreaded 10-15 fps drop is back with P3D and recent builds of Chaseplane. This is really bad for me because I use a Gsync monitor. Gsync only works above 30fps. When using mouse look with Chaseplane, the fps drops below 30fps, making screen tearing absolutely horrendous.

You cannot rollback when you're in the Alpha process. The only thing you can do is disable Experimental Versions but that will remove a lot of features.

We will fix it soon, don't worry.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

5 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

You cannot rollback when you're in the Alpha process. The only thing you can do is disable Experimental Versions but that will remove a lot of features.

We will fix it soon, don't worry.

The update today hasn't changed anything I'm afraid.

I keep looking.

Confirm that you have "Temporary fix for Mouse Look" enabled?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42